Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That’s for a bone stock machine. Do tell them you have over $80k in it or when its’s totaled because of the cracked frame they’ll cut you a $20k check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
How long does it take a fully built Jeep to do hells revenge? About 4 hours, Can Am stock... 30 min.

Pfft. chaaa. Whatever.. 30 minutes. It'd take them at least twice that to stop and change the sound track in the boomin systems, sync up the 8 ft led whips and rock lights to do that cool unicorn swirl. o_O And Block is on liberties I believe.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Titanium correct shoulder bolts should help lighten the load and make it faster.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hahah you Tucson’s folk think you got it so bad lol

I think I’ll finally listen to my wife and change the oil in Flagstaff this weekend instead

It never rains in Chandler, like, never. So I don’t know what humidity is really

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
How’d the portals hit 90? Or is the speedo driven off the rear diff? 30% speed loos on the portals
I thought.

In other news I ride alone a lot. Only have a wife and kid and a bunch of shit to leave behind. But I do Carey a huge lot of tools in my back, even if the ratchet got rattled to hell hard enough to lose all the balls and rings somewhere in the bag.. I coulda probably rigged something up, in day light..

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I carry a HF torque wrench. Not very accurate but within a pound or few I know my nuts are tight.

Realize I say that, never having checked the machine over with it in the field.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
How does one ‘scribble’ out the old torque mark when removing and replacing a bolt. That always got me. My bow had like 4 marks from random tune ups, never could tell which was correct. I think the archery shop just used it to look fancy and proper

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That’s ‘should’ still. Might want to roll it over there on the way out, catching and taking your door with you would be the talk of the hood.

And now I realize the level isn’t hanging on the wall

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I should have done all the work myself from the start. I just didn't think I had the time to do it and didn't want the build to drag on a year. Well its almost been a year. lol These are really easy to work on and I actually enjoy working on them as a hobby, but never as a day job.
You’ll get the chance when you replace the frame

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Parking Brake
I saw one of our vendors post a parking brake for the X3 model. I have been thinking something like that would be great to have before I saw the post so it made the purchase easy to do. Little more weight for a good cause. lol
UTV INC | Parts, Accessories, and Custom Built UTVs | SXS - Side By Side UTV INC CAN AM MAVERICK X3 FOOT ACTIVATED PARKING BRAKE UTV INC | Parts, Accessories, and Custom Built UTVs | SXS - Side By Side
I have that. It relies on your break pressure/pads. It doesn’t hold it pegged to the floor. It holds it enough for small grades. I had mine start rolling down a cinder bowl when I didn’t put it in P with the brake on. So it won’t solve the ‘put on the brake, get out check your line’ problem. I caution you to remember to put it in P. It is easier to get it back out of P on a hill though. And I’ve to have to help lock it on the trailer. Again still has to go in park. I tried it once in N with the brake on and it was rolling around the trailer within a 1/4 mile of washboard road.

3 of us running after it down this hill. Woulda been easier if the doors opened the other way…

1 - 19 of 19 Posts