Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone using these??? will they work with my super ATV power steering??? my dam stock one already has some slop!!! any feedback is appreciated!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
anyone using these??? will they work with my super ATV power steering??? my dam stock one already has some slop!!! any feedback is appreciated!!
Should work just fine since all your doing is replacing the steering rack and I'm guessing tie rods comes with it. I know they did when I had a rzr.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Buy another stock rack.
Why? Need a crush zone? Maybe they are gonna start bending at the frame or snapping spindles because the steering components are made of the strongest materials on earth!? I was also looking at doing a quick ratio rack somewhere down the line.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
The quick steer is actually good, what the quick steer is put in to it isn't good. If they ever make the revisions to the rack that they KNOW is a problem it will be good. I'm on my THIRD set of inner tie rods in 20 hours and it's building up the same play my stock rack had in it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the input....I am torn between the two....the stock one is $100 bucks more then the wicked built and I am disappointed that I only got 20 HRS out of it!! AReed how many hours did you get out of your stock rack???? do you fell the stock one is more stronger then the WB one???

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I broke the stock rack in 7.5 hours I think but I race and at that time I had 30" tires.
Okay man here's the deal. I don't think the stock one is stronger than the Wicked Bilt, but I don't think the Wicked Bilt is much stronger than the stock one. I would say the Wicked Bilt rack itself is stronger and the factory inner tie rods are stronger. At this point I wish I could have swapped my factory inner tie rods over to the Wicked Bilt rack as they were still tight at 8 hours and the WB ones are about trash at 5 hours. If Wicked Bilt ever gets around to fixing the inner tie rods I would say its a good way to go but till then I wouldn't advise it. I'm a dealer for them and sell lots of the power steering and swear by the PS but I WILL NOT sell a Wicked Bilt rack at this point even though I make money on them because I feel like it would be a mistake.
When Gear One builds a rack it will be legit but it will also probably cost $600-700, it will be worth every penny in my opinion. The Gear One option probably won't be ready till the end of the year.
The 2014 Maverick rack has bigger bolts and I think the aluminum casting is gusseted a little bit better but I'm not 100% sure that's accurate. I know for a fact they use bigger bolts though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so on the wicked built one you have to use their inner tie rods??? and thats the weakness right there??? dayum!! Im probably gonna try theirs out until the gear one is out..I have a nice gear one rack on my T2 and its pretty stout!!

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
so on the wicked built one you have to use their inner tie rods??? and thats the weakness right there??? dayum!! Im probably gonna try theirs out until the gear one is out..I have a nice gear one rack on my T2 and its pretty stout!!
Correct, and you can't get the inners anywhere else. The build them for their rack. At this rate i get about 5-6 hours out of a set of inner tie rods, pretty ridiculous.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts