Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The link on your website says its for a Commander. Just curious if they are exactly the same? More concerned with the wiring, since Maverick and commander wirng can be different due to battery location and not sure about the fuse panel.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The link on your website says its for a Commander. Just curious if they are exactly the same? More concerned with the wiring, since Maverick and commander wirng can be different due to battery location and not sure about the fuse panel.
Not same, mess up my site, it is temporarily fixed on site until AM when I can fix it

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ok just thought I would let you know for this exact reason.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
That price is not competitive enough compared to the Super ATV EZ Steer kit. The kit is high quality too. Wickedbilt needs to drop it further. There is a vendor selling the Super ATV EZ steer kit for $550 shipped. Most sell the kit for $600 or less. I think I read a thread on here about a racer replaced his Wickedbilt for a Super ATV EZ steer kit.

What makes this kit worth more than $125+ over the competition?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I spent the extra for the fit & finish quality and also for all the positive feed back from those whom have owned them. The Wicked all tucks up under the dash & you don't see the motor hanging down like the other. Not saying Super is bad by no means because I hear great reviews from their product as well. I looked at both closely & at the time some were having a problem w/the mounting bracket of the Super which has since been upgraded. I've also heard that the Wicked has a better motor but I truely don't know for sure. So far I'm extremely happy with it.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yes, I do remember reading that the Wickedbilt tucks under the dash better than the Super ATV. You are right that I see part of the steering kit while seating in the seat but that's the only thing I can say is better at this time on the Wickedbilt. I haven't heard any complaints about the Super ATV. I think it will take some field time to judge which has a better motor.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Early models of the super atv had a 80% failure rate, they are or were a Chinese copy of the Unisteer. I admit they have improved but the Unisteer is still better, tucks in better has stronger motor, more US made parts and assembled in the US. Steering components is what Unisteer does not a added sideline. All engineering staff inside the company in the US. All brackets, shafts etc made in house in the US.

Tech support who knows the units etc.

Simply put, I personally believe they are better quality, I like supporting a company who created the product not copy it. I like dealing with a company whose primary focus is steering products.

Also, Super ATV has asked me numerous times to sell their unit and I will not for the above reasons. There is more than just a price or profit involved. I prefer to offer the best quality products or the best value product at any price.

I just checked their site, they have their unit for $649.95 shipped so that is just $75 difference. You will find low ball prices on almost all things, you will see these wickedbilt lower than I have them too but price is not everything support is. I bought a maverick and have the wickedbilt powersteering unit on it. Why? so I can answer questions and be able to support it myself. I can't be as cheap as some for this reason.

Todd

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
You have them priced well, Probably the best price I've seen posted. If I didn't already have one I would be calling you. I showed the differece between the two, to one of my dealers awhile back, now he's a Wickedbilt dealer & has since replaced them with Wicked's on their rides.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have them priced well, Probably the best price I've seen posted. If I didn't already have one I would be calling you. I showed the differece between the two, to one of my dealers awhile back, now he's a Wickedbilt dealer & has since replaced them with Wicked's on their rides.
Smart

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Early models of the super atv had a 80% failure rate, they are or were a Chinese copy of the Unisteer. I admit they have improved but the Unisteer is still better, tucks in better has stronger motor, more US made parts and assembled in the US. Steering components is what Unisteer does not a added sideline. All engineering staff inside the company in the US. All brackets, shafts etc made in house in the US.

Tech support who knows the units etc.

Simply put, I personally believe they are better quality, I like supporting a company who created the product not copy it. I like dealing with a company whose primary focus is steering products.

Also, Super ATV has asked me numerous times to sell their unit and I will not for the above reasons. There is more than just a price or profit involved. I prefer to offer the best quality products or the best value product at any price.

I just checked their site, they have their unit for $649.95 shipped so that is just $75 difference. You will find low ball prices on almost all things, you will see these wickedbilt lower than I have them too but price is not everything support is. I bought a maverick and have the wickedbilt powersteering unit on it. Why? so I can answer questions and be able to support it myself. I can't be as cheap as some for this reason.

Todd
Sorry Todd but I don't think you are comparing apples to apples on price. If you go to the Super ATV website it is $649.95 but if you go to the Wickedbilt website their steering kit is $849! $200 price difference. Super ATV would sell the kit to me for $600 shipped to 48359 based on the PM they sent me on this forum. I am assuming Wickedbilt would sell me their kit for a little more than the $725 price you are advertising. Most vendors that I priced are selling the Super ATV kit for less than $600. Their is definitely at least a $125 price difference.

As for quality, maybe Super ATV did have issues before. All I know is the research Ive done on this forum, I have yet to read any major issues with the Super ATV kit. Ive got the kit and have no issues to date. The only thing I will complain about with their kit is there is one wire that they don't mention what to do with in their instructions. Its a speed sensor wire that is not used on the Mavericks. I went to this forum to find out my answer.

I think we need to wait a couple of years of Maverick customer feedback before you can judge the quality or reliability of the either company's kit. I see you reference Chinese quality and for the most part I would agree that US made is better but not always. We do have US made shit too unfortunately. I read a thread on here from a previous RZR owner the build quality of the RZR that is built in the US. He said if it were not for his employee discount he would not buy it because the build quality was poor.

There must be a good reason why Wickedbilt drop their prices. Maybe their competition is not that far apart in bang for the buck or quality.

I'm not knocking you or Wickedbilt quality. Only that I feel the price needs to be more competitive IMHO.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry Todd but I don't think you are comparing apples to apples on price. If you go to the Super ATV website it is $649.95 but if you go to the Wickedbilt website their steering kit is $849! $200 price difference. Super ATV would sell the kit to me for $600 shipped to 48359 based on the PM they sent me on this forum. I am assuming Wickedbilt would sell me their kit for a little more than the $725 price you are advertising. Most vendors that I priced are selling the Super ATV kit for less than $600. Their is definitely at least a $125 price difference.

As for quality, maybe Super ATV did have issues before. All I know is the research Ive done on this forum, I have yet to read any major issues with the Super ATV kit. Ive got the kit and have no issues to date. The only thing I will complain about with their kit is there is one wire that they don't mention what to do with in their instructions. Its a speed sensor wire that is not used on the Mavericks. I went to this forum to find out my answer.

I think we need to wait a couple of years of Maverick customer feedback before you can judge the quality or reliability of the either company's kit. I see you reference Chinese quality and for the most part I would agree that US made is better but not always. We do have US made shit too unfortunately. I read a thread on here from a previous RZR owner the build quality of the RZR that is built in the US. He said if it were not for his employee discount he would not buy it because the build quality was poor.

There must be a good reason why Wickedbilt drop their prices. Maybe their competition is not that far apart in bang for the buck or quality.

I'm not knocking you or Wickedbilt quality. Only that I feel the price needs to be more competitive IMHO.
I will just address the price part and time Call Unisteer the price will be $849 their business model is to sell thru dealers and distributors while super atvs primarily is retail with some dealers but no distributors so the fact u said they would sell it for $600 would be another reason for me not to buy from them. Can't compete with the maker of it. Bad business practice to under cut dealers. Either sell retail only or hold Ur price so u and Ur dealer can sell it. For you the customer it doesn't matter

Unisteer has way more time on this unit than them. Only difference between any power steering kit is bracket and steering rods motor and ECU is same on all of them and they have been making them for years. Also made a upgrade to a higher power motor putting it stronger than competitor p,us lowered price

Yes competition drove them lower but doubt they go lower cant compete with a 100% Chinese made unit and I was focusing on putting Americans to work more than quality while the quality is great on this unit. We have sold lots of These since 08. Actually I still have first one they made in my 08 rhino, still going strong.

Todd

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I would agree that's its difficult to compete with Chinese labor and parts. I work in the automotive industry as an engineer so I know first hand about overseas jobs. Unfortunately, our government allows that BS and companies like the one I work for have to resort to Chinese, Mexican and India labor to compete with the other companies that are doing the same.

Like I said before, a few years of customer feedback will tell if the quality of the Wickedbilt is that much better than the Super ATV.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I would agree that's its difficult to compete with Chinese labor and parts. I work in the automotive industry as an engineer so I know first hand about overseas jobs. Unfortunately, our government allows that BS and companies like the one I work for have to resort to Chinese, Mexican and India labor to compete with the other companies that are doing the same.

Like I said before, a few years of customer feedback will tell if the quality of the Wickedbilt is that much better than the Super ATV.
I think u got it backwards. Wicked built been made for five plus years

They also are a oem supplier to can am and Polaris

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Wickedbilt doesn't have 5 years on a Maverick which has or had the most HP of all the side x side.

You wanna compare five years on a Rhino then that's not apples to apples.

That's good to know that they supply to OEMs but does that mean you will buy from the supplier who makes the infamous BRP primary clutch?

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wickedbilt doesn't have 5 years on a Maverick which has or had the most HP of all the side x side.

You wanna compare five years on a Rhino then that's not apples to apples.

That's good to know that they supply to OEMs but does that mean you will buy from the supplier who makes the infamous BRP primary clutch?
You lost me. You win

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Ok I will explain.

A 40-50 hp, 1100lb UTV is not going to be as harsh on the trail and steering as a 100hp, 1300lb UTV. The average trail speed on the Maverick would generally be higher than the Rhino assuming same style rider.

You base the success of the Wickedbilt on the Rhino.

I am saying wait a few years with Super ATV and Wickedbilt having been installed on a Maverick and see which product is really better and how much better.

And I'm not trying to win anything. Only give good view points for a buyer and forum member to consider and with no deceptive product feedback. You should respect that. This exchange of opinion is no different than the dyno topic some members were questioning you about.

People who read this forum want good accurate information so they are more informed about the product they are considering buying.

I just thought of something you said earlier about Wickedbilt is a OEM supplier to Cam Am. Are you saying that Wickedbilt supplied the 2014 Maverick power steering?

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok I will explain.

A 40-50 hp, 1100lb UTV is not going to be as harsh on the trail and steering as a 100hp, 1300lb UTV. The average trail speed on the Maverick would generally be higher than the Rhino assuming same style rider.

You base the success of the Wickedbilt on the Rhino.

I am saying wait a few years with Super ATV and Wickedbilt having been installed on a Maverick and see which product is really better and how much better.

And I'm not trying to win anything. Only give good view points for a buyer and forum member to consider and with no deceptive product feedback. You should respect that. This exchange of opinion is no different than the dyno topic some members were questioning you about.

People who read this forum want good accurate information so they are more informed about the product they are considering buying.

I just thought of something you said earlier about Wickedbilt is a OEM supplier to Cam Am. Are you saying that Wickedbilt supplied the 2014 Maverick power steering?
THey have been selling these same units for all kinds of vehicles including the Commander for a couple years, high HP units like the XP 900 with little to no issues. They made improvements in strength of the motor etc. So there is no reason to believe the Maverick will have any issues because it has already been done and used on lots of vehicles.

I didn't say they were the OEM suppler for power steering. They make other steering parts for both of them.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
THey have been selling these same units for all kinds of vehicles including the Commander for a couple years, high HP units like the XP 900 with little to no issues. They made improvements in strength of the motor etc. So there is no reason to believe the Maverick will have any issues because it has already been done and used on lots of vehicles.

I didn't say they were the OEM suppler for power steering. They make other steering parts for both of them.
Ok. Nonetheless, I have yet to read any major issues with the Super ATV EZ steer on this forum. I know you got a product to promote and you have your opinion on why you think it's better than the Super ATV steering kit. I was only making an opinion on price as it relates to bang for the buck and IMHO, the Wickedbilt is not competitive enough in price for the average rider. Maybe the racers prefer Wickedbilt I don't know but I read more comments on this forum of members buying the Super ATV than the Wickedbilt and I'm sure it's because of price. If the Super ATV was having issues, people wouldn't buy it even if it is $125 cheaper including me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts