Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Good job kris! Thanks for taking the time and getting that done. Why don't y'all start working on disabling the shaft saver next!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job kris! Thanks for taking the time and getting that done. Why don't y'all start working on disabling the shaft saver next!
The ECM on the Maverick is quite a bit different from the one on the first year Commanders. Dobeck Performance has a fix for them, but outside of that year model Commander it's been tricky. The main thing is having the equipment on hand to test it when the shaft saver kicks in, and find out EXACTLY where the changes are coming from, what voltages are being altered, and how to keep them from being altered. The R&D on something like that is on another level because the Shaft Saver only kicks in extreme conditions (from what I've experienced). And it doesn't always kick in. It's pretty random, like it only decides to be functional at the time that you don't need it to work. But when it cuts throttle, it cuts it pretty hard core.

But to answer your question. It's in the works.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Kris I don't think I've ever been in low except when loading it on a trailer...lol

I am interested in what the Monster does for the mav, do you have any testing going on with the Monster?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
good information there Kris.....could you test the reverse and see what it does with and without the override switch.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Most of the riding in my neck of the woods is low range territiory... the very first thing I did was install Arcticbomb's sport mode low range switchless harness. I can't imagine life without it! If you use low range for anything other than loading up on the trailer, it is a must have!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! I would be bored out of my mind! Ain't nothing like SoCal deserts!
You can't really say that until you've experienced it. I could say the same thing about driving over the same sand dune over and over again.

Down here we put big lifts, big mud tires, and raise hell! Lol!! The market is obviously there since Can Am opted to make an XMR version of what a machine that was originally designed for the duners.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With low range sport mode and after market clutching most mavericks will run close to 60 mph in low. For the record.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hey Glamisfan, I wonder if we installed a sport low, if it runs close to 60mph, if it would run the hill any faster than we do now?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Wow! I would be bored out of my mind! Ain't nothing like SoCal deserts!
It gets pretty technical here in the northeast. It keeps you on your toes. There are times that I would love to be in some wide open territory for some fast paced riding. I loved riding in the desert when I lived in San Diego, but I just couldn't stand so many people all over the place.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hey Glamisfan, I wonder if we installed a sport low, if it runs close to 60mph, if it would run the hill any faster than we do now?
I get about 45mph in low. Sport mode doesn't change top speed in low.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
stock... don't know if i want to part with the awesome engine braking that the stock clutch has. lots of steep rocky hills, and i almost never have to hit the brakes or blip the throttle to keep the engine braking engaged.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I get about 45mph in low. Sport mode doesn't change top speed in low.
Yes but sport low and clutching will change your top speed. Ive hit 53 mph in low gear on 30" tires with sport low and aftermarket clutching. And until you have actually experienced the TQ of low gear with sport low mode on, you have no idea how much pull that machine actually has. High gear aint about shit :crazy:

·
Registered
548 Posts
I know clutching brings things to a whole new level, and perhaps some day i'll go down that road...perhaps sooner than later. I was just noting that the sport mode in low range had no effect on my top speed in low.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts