Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm pulling the trigger on either the Max or the RZR tomorrow.....I thought I had decided on the Max, but that new RZR is so damn sweet looking. Why would I pick one over the other?

·
Registered
94 Posts
To me looks are not important as i think both are sweet looking. If I were you I would seek a test-drive of each. If that doesn't answer the question I'd then next ask how important reliability is. While both machines have their weak points it seems to me (after spending hours on this site and rzrforums) that the Maverick weak points are much easier to address than the Polaris 1k. I pick up my new Maverick this weekend. Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shit, should've done a search first...oops! :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Pretty easy..... read the RZR forum and find out if you would like to own an XP41K that is burning through belts like crazy and PoPo will only offer an improved helix if you ride in "sand", all XP1K driveshafts were manufactured out of phase from the factory causing vibrations and related driveline stresses, engine coolant is gelling, front section of frame is bolted together and much weaker than Max, fit and finish of RZR is inferior....and all this comes at a premium price.

Not to mention there have been a few random engine issues.

The only thing I like better on the RZR XP41K are the 29" Bighorn tires, which I'm considering ordering this week.

Now, try to find ANY recurring issues on the Max beyond weak tie rods (a <$75 fix) on this forum.

·
Registered
94 Posts
No worries. There is a ton of insights on both sites. A simple point is the number of pages on the "problems w/ your Polaris 1000" thread. This is why I'm getting the Maverick. Aftermarket tie rods, front and rear gusset kit and you can pretty much relax on the trail.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
40 some pages of issues on the xp, none on max. general repeated issues im talking about, not the stray issue as all machines can have those. buyers remorse is a bitch. lol. max has no known issues in general riding that are repeated issues on the same issues. so be sure to do the homework, not what a dealer tells you. form fit and finsh is not even close either, power top speed is pretty close to the same. rotax engines are real good.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I see you posted the same thread / question on the RZR forum.

As a former RZR owner I think you'll find that a third of them have unfounded allegiance to anything with "RZR" on the side of it, a third of them will get defensive of the problems thereby trying to make themselves feel better for buying an XP41K and finally a third of them are so pissed they paid so much for a POS when they really thought they were buying a good product with a factory that would stand behind them.

Search "Class action lawsuit" for fun on the RZR forum.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I see you posted the same thread / question on the RZR forum.

As a former RZR owner I think you'll find that a third of them have unfounded allegiance to anything with "RZR" on the side of it, a third of them will get defensive of the problems thereby trying to make themselves feel better for buying an XP41K and finally a third of them are so pissed they paid so much for a POS when they really thought they were buying a good product with a factory that would stand behind them.

Search "Class action lawsuit" for fun on the RZR forum.
yeah, trying to get opinions from both sites....but I still think ill end up with the Mav tomorrow. And to be honest, I don't have to be the fastest, or have the most travel, I just want comfortable and reliable. And I love the inside of the Mav too! And there I go talking myself into the Mav again. I guess I need to just quit second guessing my decision, and quit listening to my polaris sheeple friends and get the Mav! :p

and considering I'm coming from a rhino 660, I think this will be a hell of a difference!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
get it and be the lone wolf and in time, they will see you made a wise choice....you can become the Alpha male :wink:

Reactions: Snapper692

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
once u put a sweet cage on the max with a light bar and roof it looks better a lot better , lol , also if u have $ u can get 22'' travel if needed,

and if ur worried about speed , here is a xp4 getting a head start on a max , and the max reeling in and passing at top

Reactions: SheRides

·
Registered
14 Posts
My wife and I are getting are Max this week also!! I was also looking at the xp4 and common sense kicked in and we are staying with the Max. I am also catching crap from my polaris buddies, but they have never even looked at a Max in person I hope to change there minds! Good luck

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Its awesome that you are doing your research and taking a look at both sides of the coin. I think both sites and products obviously will shelter their "child" so to speak. The only polaris vehicles I owned in the past were 2 2006 sport quads, a 500 outlaw and 500 predator. They both were great machines and I had no issues ever. I did give the RAZR a fair shake and setup test drives before I purchased my first sxs. I chose a commander years ago and now have since purchased a mav 1000r xrs and recently traded it in on a new max xrs dps. Have not had to revisit my dealer for with any issues with my can am sxs' s for any reason since purchase. After years of duning, I have only had to tow in one person that I found out I the dunes with a scattered engine on a not even one year old machine...and it did have a RAZR badge on it...But, that could happen to anyone right???.. lol. All in all both are good machines. Good luck with your decision and whatever you buy, get out there and ride. One last positive thought. Us can am folks and the site are much more awesome and really easy to get along with :)!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Done deal....shiny new Max sitting in the driveway! :) Let the games begin.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Nice...now crack open that wallet and start accessorizing! Get with Alex (AREED) and get you a front gusset kit and tie rods ASAP!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
wheres the pics

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I havent got to spend much time behind the wheel of mine but I can tell you that it rides like a Cadillac. Its very capable and even though its a 4 seater you dont really notice it. I personally havent heard great information about how the Polaris is working out so far.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts