Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both Started as base models.
between creek riding & going from mudhole to mudhole,
we decided we could put the money saved towards other things.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire All-terrain vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: snowcowboy22

·
Registered
668 Posts
The only reason i see if the reduction in the tranny of the xmr. But i do like the bigger gauge pod and powersteering.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I went XRS to get the QE that came with the DPS models. I also really liked the larger gauge pod. The white/red/black really looked good to me, at my dealer is was only $600 differnce or so from standard to xrs. I didn't care for the XMR air shocks or snorkels which I felt are to low. But if I had know it had the trans reduction I might have gotten it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm a fast trail rider so I wanted the 2.5" shocks and gauge cluster. It's all about what kind of riding your set up to do though. I bet those machines rip it up in the mud.

There's no way I personally can justify the added cost of the XMR. Unless someone has the $$$ and doesn't feel like upgrading themselves because of warranty or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
557 Posts
My local dealer was blowing out 4 base model 13's for like 11,500 in Dec. I ended Up spending 15,400 otd with 30mo warr I did that for the 2.5 shocks and bigger display.I kinda wish I would have just got the base and built It my way? I guess Its just not me? I never buy the base model In anything I own In this case I kinda wish I would have.

·
Registered
556 Posts
wanted the power steering and QE front end.
to me the price difference was worth it - also for resale value.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
For me, it was because of the gauge pod and the larger shocks!

·
Registered
556 Posts
tell you what, I wasn't so interested in the power steering at first - but now that I have it, I can't even think about going back.
I moved the rhino the other day to get the Mav in the garage, and I couldn't believe the difference. Now the Rhino has LT which makes it even tougher to steer, but holycow what a difference

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I chose the XRS over the base model because the price difference was only like $1200 and the shock upgrade alone was worth that to me. I am also glad I got the XRS instrument cluster and bead lock rims and color matching seat covers......but if you want one to build a full on custom, go for the base model because other than the instrument cluster, you will most likely be putting on aftermarket shocks, seats, wheels etc.....and will just be wasting the money if you aren't going to use them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts