Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
why is the motor in the rear? because fat bottom girls make the world go round.. that's why

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is the x3 not considered mid engine? I mean, the engine is way front of the rear wheels just like any supercar, c8 vette,mr2, etc,in the other hand, porsche or vw engine are behind the rear wheels.

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Turbo RR
151 Posts
Is the x3 not considered mid engine? I mean, the engine is way front of the rear wheels just like any supercar, c8 vette,mr2, etc,in the other hand, porsche or vw engine are behind the rear wheels.
Agree. Engine is positioned in front of the trans and rear axle but behind the cockpit. Clearly mid-engine. The real question is not why the engine was placed where it is but why doesn't it have more HP? Like 800 or so. Now that would be exciting.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Funny thing to me is... after riding Banshees & Raptor quads for so many years (which ripped ass & wheelied on command) that despite the X3 Turbo RR's engine placement way back on the machine (mid, semi mid or rear..) and it's top of it's class 195 HP,.. the X3 still will not lift the front wheels off the ground in stock form!

That makes me think they just might have found the right engine placement to put all that power to the ground & maintain a stable high performance ride at the same time.

Now maybe if I had a clutch on an X3 that I could drop after goosing the engine into the powerband.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Funny thing to me is... after riding Banshees & Raptor quads for so many years (which ripped ass & wheelied on command) that despite the X3 Turbo RR's engine placement way back on the machine (mid, semi mid or rear..) and it's top of it's class 195 HP,.. the X3 still will not lift the front wheels off the ground in stock form!

That makes me think they just might have found the right engine placement to put all that power to the ground & maintain a stable high performance ride at the same time.

Now maybe if I had a clutch on an X3 that I could drop after goosing the engine into the powerband.....
Yea, probably cause its long wheel base,soft suspension and cvt

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yea, probably cause its long wheel base,soft suspension and cvt
No doubt. All that, & a bag a chips!
In all fairness, I have seen guys time a short bouncing wheelie, but does that really count?

There's nothing quite like the statement that lifting your front wheels from a dead stop sends out to those watching you display your machines power for all to witness & worship! lol

Rock On

21 - 32 of 32 Posts