Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really want CVtech prim and stm seconday wanna keep the engin break with cvtech and want the down shifting the stm has i think that would be the best set up for mountain ridding in west virginia. I tried getting a hold of adam with airdam but thats impossible i give up on him... I dont know much about tunning a clultch so i hope i can get it fine tuned good enough to just bolt on and go. Am I being resonable or am i wishful thinking? really wanna get on top of this just got my gates belts in today so i hope to get new clutches soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can I just buy these off eBay and bolt them on ? If so I can handle that but if tuning is involved idk what I'm doing and there's no close dyno. I need help I've never worked on my own bike I'm trying to learn how to do this all on my own and YouTube lol

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Can I just buy these off eBay and bolt them on ? If so I can handle that but if tuning is involved idk what I'm doing and there's no close dyno. I need help I've never worked on my own bike I'm trying to learn how to do this all on my own and YouTube lol
Don't do it. Just call //Airdam until you get an answer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't do it. Just call //Airdam until you get an answer.
He's an elusive one equivellant to Bigfoot. I've called countless of time sent multi emails and pm's even faxed him. No response back if it takes months to get a hold of him how long does it take to actually get one? This is very fusterating wanting to get the perfect set up and not being able of contacting the man for the job..

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Patience padiwan...patience. Just keep trying. I found the best time to get ahold of Adam is either 1st thing in the morning befor his phones start blowing up, or late in the day just befor he closes up. He still answers the phone after shop hours (5 pm) as he is still working in the shop till 7-7:30 sometimes, and sometimes later. Keep trying. It took me 2 weeks to catch him once, and other times I get him on the 1st call. Now that Mud Nats are over you should have better luck.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Call Russell Coker at Pit Proven Performance, 281-815-0037, this is on of the best guys in the industry, he will get you taken care of, he carries all the different brands too, with customer service second to none.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Or you can call or text Kris at Cold Blooded Performance. his clutches will come dailed in pretty darn close , so no tuning required.

Reactions: chevycraig

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks that's helpful I'm gonna be that guy that doesn't stop calling any one till I get an answer.. Even thoe I hate that lol
Can any one pm me what I'm looking at $$$$ in a cvtech/STM so I know how much I can spend on other stuff thanks again

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thanks that's helpful I'm gonna be that guy that doesn't stop calling any one till I get an answer.. Even thoe I hate that lol
Can any one pm me what I'm looking at $$$$ in a cvtech/STM so I know how much I can spend on other stuff thanks again
I would say you'll be around $1300 - 1450-ish for both

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
CVTech is about $850 ish as I rcall, and the STM secondary is about $550.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I would buy the new generation QSC with STM set up that just got release suppose to be the new BIG thing !!

$1380 I think it was for both

Quad Shop Customs !

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
check out qsc , we posted same time , lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Better performance you think for ridding up and down steep mountains threw all kinds off terrain and situations. I need my engine braking and better climbing performance.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have the QSC/STM II setup and I can engine brake in low range down to about 3 MPH depending on how steep the hill. The stock clutch setup will go darn near to a stop but the other performance improvements (quicker acceleration, improved back shifting, cooler belt temps.....) far outweigh the loss of EB below 3 mph.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I don't know about the QSC setup being better on engine braking? I thought that was a function of the secondary. For my STM I have 2 helix. One with engine braking and one without (had to experment). My CVTech with my STM gen 1/ 40* helix with engine braking is very comparable to the stock engine braking.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Andy - Not sure if it does or not but wanted to clarify what I am running and how low I can EB before it dissengages. I also had a 2-way bearing installed so I can coast down hills if I so choose.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the QSC/STM II setup and I can engine brake in low range down to about 3 MPH depending on how steep the hill. The stock clutch setup will go darn near to a stop but the other performance improvements (quicker acceleration, improved back shifting, cooler belt temps.....) far outweigh the loss of EB below 3 mph.
As long as it has compatible engine braking to stock that works cause everything you just listed is what I'm after.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it's not quite as good as the stock setup but good enough for me.....I actually went riding in the mountains yesterday and monitored it on several descents and every time it would hold until around 3mph which is pretty darn slow for me. Any slower and you are most likely going to be riding the brakes anyhow because the terrain is too nasty to go any faster.......

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Either way you wont go wrong with aftermarket clutches. You will run cooler belt temps (tuned right), and gain some performance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts