Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of the vendors on here keep the QSC/STM setup in stock? It looks like Kris is a month out on a shipment and I'm considering getting one now.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I dont think so. Your better off waiting, so you get it set up properly.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I was thinking that myself. Maybe during the next month some other options may open up too.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Why the change of heart Gary?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Do any of the vendors on here keep the QSC/STM setup in stock? It looks like Kris is a month out on a shipment and I'm considering getting one now.
Something else to consider is, if you wait a month to order it. You will still have to wait another month to get it. His waiting list has been getting longer by the day because of the demand. A month ago it was a 1 week wait.This is exactly why I didn't want to get in on the group by he had.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He told me he would have them in a month but I don't know if he was starting another waiting list for this order or not. I'll find that out on our next round of PM's. He is out of town right now so reply's aren't immediate.
Sprinks, I developed the low RPM problem. BRP told our dealer to have me get a spring from EPI. BRP didn't offer to cover any of the costs like they did for some others here. I ended up buying the full EPI clutch kit. Our dealer installed it at no charge because they had to pull it apart to replace the starter anyway. That actually made the RPM problem worse. I lost another 100-150 on a hard pull. EPI told me to take their weights out and put the stock ones back in and that should help. I did that tonight and after a quick blast it seems much better. I saw 7700 just running it up the driveway. After reading about failures, at almost a daily occurrence, I think I just want to get it done and over and not have the worry. It would be just my luck I'd head to Hatfield and it would scatter on the first hill.
I'm really disappointed with BRP on this issue. I've been a faithful customer to them and spent a ton on their products. I shouldn't have to drop 1500.00 on a machine that is still under warranty to make it right but it is what it is.....

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Kris actually bought the remaining clutches from the group buy so he may have a clutch to offer but it probably will not be at the group buy price. He required at least 10 people to buy the clutch set in order to get the discount but it came up short by a few I think. He was nice enough to still give the deal by buying the remaining clutches from his vendor.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I know this doesn't count for much and I am almost certain you are still way better off with the QSC, but I am under the impression BRP is about to have the real fix. Before everyone laughs..... I know I know, but that is my understanding. I am not clear if it will be a recall or a fix as they break but we shall see in the next couple weeks. I am sure with the unveiling of the new Popo they will be encouraged to do something to keep people looking at the Mav.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dalton has come out with there clutch kit today. They called me to let me know. I am with WVXRS though, I'm hoping they will remedy the problem themselves.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Dalton has come out with there clutch kit today. They called me to let me know. I am with WVXRS though, I'm hoping they will remedy the problem themselves.
IF they do anything, it will take forever. They took forever to do a recall on the rear diff whine on the commander. I think they hope if it takes long enough people will fix it themselves.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Unless a clutch kit somehow locks the 2 primary sheaves together, the underlying problem will still be present

·
Registered
424 Posts
^^^ True story

And I should have clutches in my hands with plenty left over here in the next 14-21 days per Adam @ QSC. They have been overwhelmed with the demand, THEIR distributor went on back order status for parts. Long story short, to my knowledge. No dealer in the US has any in stock. If anyone has any questions feel free to give me a ring or shoot me an email. [email protected] or 9363342616

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm sure glad I didn't dilly dally when it came to placing my order. Some times you just gotta swallow the pill so it will start getting better. Believe me its better now. For you guys that think you can't afford this clutch set up, I'll ask you how many broken belts, or worse broken clutches do you have to have before you realize you really can't afford NOT to get these clutches. Not to mention, it makes the car more reliable and it pulls much harder off the line. Honestly, knowing what know now, I would double or triple my recycling efforts to save money and get this. To me it's a must have period!

·
Registered
424 Posts
That's what I try and tell people. The savings in not having to buy belts all the time is worth it alone.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Sorry, a little off topic here but how can you tell if you belt is slipping? Do you feel it like it surges or falls on its face or can you hear it squeal or whine? Just curious so I know what to look/listen for....

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
You don't have to try to convince me, I know it'll be a ton better. I just can't make it happen at this time....sucks!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
why not run the stm primary and secondary?? they seem to have those in stock the last time I checked.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep, I believe the STM primaries, rage 6 or 8 cost between $1500 - 2000.
The CV tech or QSC primaries are $800-875. That is a huge difference.

·
Registered
329 Posts
There has been a lot of discussion about the price between the QSC/STM and the STM/STM. If anyone knows what is the performance difference.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts