Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That what im probably going to do. Im going to see it for the first time next week-end and im going to decide when i see it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
talked to a dealer friend today, he sells all sxs except deere. he has dropped trade in 15%-20% on the xp already because a lot have inquired on that. supply and demand i guess,

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
With rumors running around about a new RZR/XP race version, I think a few XP owners are trying to dump their XP's for a hopeful new January release model. Have to wait & see I guess. You all know how rumors are but I think Polaris has something up their sleeve. Myself, I'm going to drive the Maverick this weekend, weather permitting and either way probably end up getting a 4 seater.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
i think its going to take a lot for polaris to top maverick, even in HP there going to have to get back to drawing board, focus, advance and test. its not as simple as changing something on the engine on the xp. in any case, canam would top that, then polaris then canam and hopefully along teh route some of the other oew's jump in. the problem is not who has most hp, 101 hp, 103, 105,etc. for 95% of riders its not about squezing the last ounce of hp out because they dont race, except for a few fun ventures against there buddies. the true racers who do it most of the time, well the mod hell out of what ever they buy so its no where stock or close to out of the box.

so then you have to look at other avenues to what you like or want, form, fit and function, the cockpit area, comfort,etc plays into who is the best. there canam has major trumped polaris, major! heck a lot of xp owners go buy the shock set up you find out of the box on the canam commander, with canam its standard. with xp your out a couple thousand dollars extra for great shocks. even the canam commander 1000 will tie, or in some cases beat the xp out of the box. xp was a sport model, commander is a rec/utility model, not even same class and yet the commander ties and beats the sport model of polaris was impressive in a lot of cases. it would not matter to me if the xp come out at say 103,105 hp. i would still take maverick due to form fit and function, quality and what you get and its potential/

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am not so sure the Mavrick is even tied with the XP now much less after January.

Another thing to think about is the warranty, especially on a first year machine. Can Am is the WORST company there is about warranty issues. Don't think so, well just do a search on "Can Am G2 frame" and see what you get. I bought a new 1000 Can Am Renegade and just happend to see a thread about the new G2 frames breaking on a popular Can Am forum so I checked mine. Sure enough it was broke. I took it to the dealer and they turned it in to Can Am. Then a LOT of people were finding their frames were broke too. Can Am denied that ANY were broke for several months. Can Ams fix? They bolted a brace beside the tubes (one on each side above the steering box) that was broke half into. They didn't even weld the crack up????????? So if you buy one of these and it you have a problem do say you were not warned! Oh, I have owned a 06 Outlander, 07 Renegade, 10 Renegade and now a 12 Renegade so you can't say I wasn't a little pro-Can Am to begin with.

Oh, and my dealer couldn't believe they didn't replace the frame. After talking to a salesman there he told me they were having problems out of Can Am with some Sea Doo warranties also.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Instead of coming over here to whine about your frame (I am guessing because they are tired of listening to you on the other Can-Am forums), why don't you just do everyone a favour and sell your Renegade and buy something else. Booohooo.

I have a 2012 renegade as well and it does have a tiny little crack in the effected area. I am going to have them install the brace at some point. Am I going to loose any sleep over it? The answer is no. I would not even want the dealer welding up the crack. I would be taking it to a professional welding shop on my own dime if I was worried about it. Can-AM has agreed to warranty the frame for seven years. Should the effected area break it does not really appear to be a safety concern that is going to cause any major issue like loss of control

Does not matter what you buy, there are going to be some issues, especially on the first model year.

For everyone's sake please suck it up and give it a rest pal. Buy a Polaris and go troll their forums about your issues.

End Rant

·
Registered
32 Posts
i've had amazing warrenty coverage from brp on my 2009 ds450, they replaced all three shocks and an exhuast cam because the decompression lever was worn down. then this summer well over a year since my warrenty expired they good willed me crank case halves because i broke them at the back motor mount. i've also got warrenty on blown shocks and some other stuff omn my 2012 800etec x-rs.

i think they have an awsome warrenty prograhm you just need a dealer that will go to bat for you.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Well said..btw the XP is coming out with something new but it will be in the same little boy frame and chasis that it currently sets in. The motor will be more powerful. Btw I have 2 commanders and both of them were faster than the XP stock to stock. Even if the new improved race XP is faster stock to stock than the maverick which it will be it will still have all the short coming Polaris is known for..weak frame, poor motor design, weak suspension parts, and small Yugo like interior. If anything I would take a look at the Kaw and Yamaha new UTV before Polaris.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've been reading a lot about the g2 frame cracking issue and I myself would be satisfied with the brace and 7 year warranty. Every brand has issues, I've had two popo's so I know what it feels like to have a few problems here and there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts