Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across a few youtube vids and some chatter about a front selectable locker from someone named Kelly manning. Any news on this (I'm sure he will be marketing the thing through some kind of vendor) being available. I'd sure be happy to try the thing out in Moab Utah as soon as one is available.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There is another option coming right after testing at mud nationals I hear.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any link to more info on either option??

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
went to moab and its was amazing but a front locker would sure be nice

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another ugly spot where a locker would have helped

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
664 Posts
If you put the QE diff in it will solve your problem. I put it in mine and it makes all the difference in the world in Moab.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
little bit of a belt BBQ, I DO have the QE front diff, it worked good for about 2 trail rides and now its back to basically a stock one, my commander did the same thing, the QE only works for a little while then it no longer works. I have 2 of them that did the same thing so I am convinced the qe is a poor solution. I'm a die hard can am fan but after my brothers commander broke his 2nd diff under pretty sober driving conditions and he went and rented a 14 poohlaris 1000xp and he went anywhere I did with a completely stock machine, he!! I may go buy an xp1000 for moab use if I cant get a locker soon

·
Registered
371 Posts
Dam that sucks i have the QE and it seems to work great but I only have a few rides on it. The kellyman diff should be ready fairly soon from what I've read. Also saw a post the maverick addiction it looked as if some one was building a new non can am lockable front diff.

·
Registered
664 Posts
little bit of a belt BBQ, I DO have the QE front diff, it worked good for about 2 trail rides and now its back to basically a stock one, my commander did the same thing, the QE only works for a little while then it no longer works. I have 2 of them that did the same thing so I am convinced the qe is a poor solution. I'm a die hard can am fan but after my brothers commander broke his 2nd diff under pretty sober driving conditions and he went and rented a 14 poohlaris 1000xp and he went anywhere I did with a completely stock machine, he!! I may go buy an xp1000 for moab use if I cant get a locker soon

Yea that sucks. Mine has been trouble free. I put it in almost a year ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts