Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who's making the trip and how far your driving?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have about 4.5 hours for me and I can't wait. Looks like an amazing place to ride. I just finished getting my tow rig ready now on to my trailer for some maintenance and I should be ready to go. What are you riding?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Im thinking about it too. 6 1/2 - 7 hrs from So-MD.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Wowwy wow wow, what's up Mr High Society!!!! :smile:
That's pretty cool
Thanks, he's been with me through this whole Maverick thing and even at 77 years old he still wants to play!
I can't take him down a trail like he wants but it's the next best thing for him. Now I'm sure it won't hurt his 4th term
Reelection campaign as far as cool points go, so I will oblige. My wife wants to film it so stay tuned for pics!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From Shawne Monk
Im Looking to Have a East Coast Fall Maverick Ride in the first part of November...Trying to gauge interest for number of people that would come.... I have plenty of riding with great scenery in the Mtns and 130 plus mile days if interested.... Also good lodging very close to trails... There is no charge as everything we ride on is outlaw trails...I would guide....If interested please post which weekend in November would work best so I can get a idea of when to do it...Riding area will be in Elkview, WV area...Sanderson Trail Head......There is any kind of riding you want to do...WFO for Miles, Insane Hill Climbs, Mud Holes that You WON'T make it thru...I know this area like back of my hand and would love to show you guys West Virginia's Best...... Any questions contact me on FB... or thru this post....
Once we get a firm number on how many will be coming ill try to get a group rate at which ever place you guys choose... Also it may or may not be cool... Last 4 years Nov been very warm. Im going Rain or Shine so be prepared for the weather.... Also bring plenty of tire plugs... Ive put 35 in one tire before..... Also be prepared for long days so we can maximize our time and i can show u as much as i can....my average day is usually 12 hrs..
One day i plan on a Ride to the New River Gorge Bridge... If i can get PD in the Area i know to be OK with it we will go rite to The Bridge....Come with ur tank topped off although u prob wont need it and we can go to gas stations if u have Rotopax bring it....Keep in mind that there will be minimal blacktop riding but some when i link trail heads together and going to stores....If u have spare parts... (Tie Rods, ends, belt, etc) bring it....
If u want to Drink do it.... Just remember that its no fun for everyone else if You cant handle the ur booze.....and require a babysitter .... Ive hosted a ride one time and everyone got so fucked up they couldn't ride... It sucked waiting for them all day... And we rode nowhere....Gary Harrison can attest that I do many rides and try to keep it organized as possible...I truly live for this shit and cant wait. Hope to see lots of u there-
I would Recommed Everyone trying to get Here Friday at some point then We will meet that mourning and ride out....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to bump the post on Maverick Addiction so that everyone that hasn't seen it can take a look.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry about duping the thread Shawne I didn't see the other thread until yesterday!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am planning on coming down from Colliers WV, about 3.5 hours away. I am still trying to talk my wife into it but we are not sure what we are going to do with our son. He likes to ride with me but im not sure if he can do 12 hours of it. I am currently going to be riding a Commander 1000 unless someone buys it before then.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I'll be there since all the cool kids are showing up. I'll have product there and if anyone needs anything while I'm there I'll be more than happy to bring extra up

1 - 20 of 33 Posts