Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a x3 used with low miles. It has a eibach spring kit on it. I have the shocks as soft as you can and it rides extremely rough unless your flying. Its also not jacked up like crazy. Rear sway bar is on its lowest setting. I had shock therapy springs on my rzr turbo with fox shocks. That rode extremely well. My friend took my x3 for a spin down the trail and he said wow it rides like a dump truck. Not what you want to hear lol. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with eibach springs.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Check spring codes. Might have the max spring on it? Mine ride great, definitely an improvement over OEM

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
It has to be a wrong rate for the machine.

I did Eibach on a 72 inch machine and it was noticeably better. I find it hard to believe the if you did the right Eibach on a 64 it would not be a decent ride.

Tim

·
Registered
935 Posts
Last numbers should be probably 250S or 300S, that means they are 250 or 300# per inch springs, lol if someone put on something crazy like 350 or 400# springs. Or someone put on springs that are too long and now have a ton of preload... see if the spring preload collars are up at the very top of the shocks... that would also be a clue...

When I swapped my top springs on my XRS max I went with 250# springs all around. Rides much nicer...

·
Registered
935 Posts
Also, on the eibach website, if you lookup the spring kit for the XDS, And it's install instructions, its supposed to list the part numbers/ spring info.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rear top spring 1400.300.0200s rear bottom spring 1600.300.0250s
Front top spring 1000.300.0200s front bottom spring 1400.300.0250s

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
139 Posts
Does your model have the ability to change the compression and rebound settings? If so, set it to all soft.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does your model have the ability to change the compression and rebound settings? If so, set it to all soft.
Yes and its as soft as it can get. Also these springs are the stage 2 springs for the x3 xds and according to eibach they are the correct numbers. I did forget to mention it has aftermarket shock therapy sway bars front and rear. But I highly doubt thats the issue.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Doesn't look like you need the stage 2 but not worth the swap at this point. Disconnect the front sway bar. That also makes a big difference but it may not work for your riding style long term

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
935 Posts
Did previous owner screw with the adjusters? Not sure if they can come off or something similar. From your original pic, it looks like you're not cranked up with excessive preload, do your shocks have crossover rings? Where the primary springs stop against the rings and the main/ heavier springs take over? If you're only riding on the heavier primary springs, that is definitely an issue. There should be a gap between the spring divider and a crossover ring if you have them. Like 1-2" usually....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts