Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my TM with auto tune and have done about 45 mins tuning. Have a question to u other TM guys: In reverse, it's almost like all or nothing. I can barely ease on the gas and it starts moving backwards and the slightest movement of the pedal were spinning tires. Is everyone else with a TM having this or is it just me? Just trying to figure out if I gotta learn how to control the pedal more in reverse now since it's all power and no limits.

Thanks!
Buster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Your foot is too heavy!
Nah, it is a function of your foot pushing harder in reverse, since inertia tries to give it gas in reverse. In forward, it's jerky if the throttle is set too sensitive, really responsive, but almost undrivable.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I lay the side of my foot on the plastic I can ease in it and go slow but the slightest bit more then she launches.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll just start drag racing folks in reverse and blow their minds!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've order the fuel monster and am now considering going with the tunemonster aswell,
So let me get this straight, the tunemonster is the new standalone ECM ? The fuel monster connects to the tunemonster ECM ?
A new ignition module is plugged in and connected to tunemonster ECM ?
Oem harness is still utilised ?
Oem ECM is removed ?
Oem keys and ignition barrel utilised ?
Where to mount new ECM, FM and ignition module ?
Wideband sensors mounted in Oem location ?
Do the XRS dash gauges work the same still ? Including message on screen ?

Sorry for all the questions.

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Just installed my TM ECM talked a little bit with Steve . The throttle sensitivity can be adjusted thru the ECU , call Steve at TM he can remote in and make the adjustments for you. The ECM is complete replacement just unplug the factory ECM and plug in the Tune Monster . The stock key will work but the coded key don't . In other words any key will work. This is not a cheep route to go but IMO it the best because you have total control of everything, well that's not totally true. The things that you cannot change TM can. No more sending your ECM off for a reflash every time you do an engine mod including forced induction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts