Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in installing slip on exhaust on my 13 maverick xrs any one done this yet what's your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
welcome to the forum….performance wise, there will be little to no difference over the stock mufflers. It just comes down to quality and sound preference. Muzzy's, Barkers, 2 Bro's, HMF…...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a muzzy slip on on a outlander 1000 and loved it,but sound wise I'm really liking the two bros but prefer the looks of the muzzy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I'm assuming the best power mod I can make is aftermarket clutching, I live in northern Utah and ride at high elevation 4500 to 10000 ft regularly, and I'm sure on the future I will go with a slightly larger tire and wheel combo so what clutch do I need I would like to stay under 1000 bucks any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
998 Posts
2 brothers is the best sounding slip on I've heard .. But you won't see any gain in power, just a sound change

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
So I'm assuming the best power mod I can make is aftermarket clutching, I live in northern Utah and ride at high elevation 4500 to 10000 ft regularly, and I'm sure on the future I will go with a slightly larger tire and wheel combo so what clutch do I need I would like to stay under 1000 bucks any help would be appreciated

Under 1k kinda leaves you 2 choices for a clutch upgrade. CVTech, or QSC. STM primary requires you to use thier secondary clutch as well.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

I live in Boise and ride up in the mountains all the time. I have the QSC/STM setup and love it. It will set you back $1500 but think it is worth the extra $500. So save your pennies until you can afford the complete setup. If that is out of the question, then consider just getting a clutch kit (springs and weights). All Mavericks come with sea level based clutching so us higher altitude guys are losing power from day one with the stock clutch setup. Can Am sells a kit but it is like $450 so you might as well get an aftermarket one instead.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I installed the 8000 feet elevation weights in my max....runs awesome above 8000 feet. But at 4000 feet (Moab) top speed is around 42 and it hits the limiter. You can let off the throttle and feel it pull when the rpm drops. I am goin to reinstall the sea level weights and just deal with the small rpm loss at altitude. I was getting 7200 at about 9000 feet before the change. Really don't need the rpm in the mountains anyway...if I do I have the sport low mod done and it will run 40 in low. With all the power you need.

·
Registered
67 Posts
if you search your exact question you will find a metric shit ton of useless info. Boils down to NONE of them make power just noise.
100% correct. It's compression for dummies in laymen terms. Duals straight from the engine improve but muffler systems have nothing to do with this.

Mufflers original design was to suppress / damper noise from vehicles. Than some genius came up with the idea to put one on the end of a rifle :in love:

Cheers,
RiP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts