Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a minor run in with a tree.. Bent the A-arm.. picked up a used one cheap fix right? Maybe not!!... Had to order new bushings from the dealership, OK no problem 12 bucks each, I say I need 2.. I went to pick up my bushings thinking I would be getting 2 sets to stick in the new lower A-arm... YIKES my parts bag had 2 chickenshit pcs. of plastic for a total of 25 bucks and its not even enough to get the job done!.. Not to mention the cv boot is 50 bucks!!! OUCH!!!

Myron

·
Registered
492 Posts
There will be an aftermarket source soon...you can count on that! Until then, I guess better supply your own lube......

I got a CV boot from the dealer too, but plan to get an aftermarket universal boot form NAPA or Oreilly's next time. Just measure you Birfield diameter and order accordingly. Do you have the special crimpers for the clamps that are sent in the OE boot kit? I didn't, so I got a universal clamp and tool set for $15.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have the crimper so that will a bit more to the cost!! I'm thinking about cutting my own bushings from teflon on the lathe...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts