Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
badass!
I don't think the head with that hi comp will last long . or maybe it will and we will be lucky and have a sik set up cant wait to here results , and maybe price, lol
The head will last, it's the pistons that will most likely give up. Heat, compression, & lack of good fuel will make this setup harder to tune. Well, not really, but usually I push it too hard, & burn up something. This thing does have knock sensors, IDK what they'll do, when they detect knock, which this will most likely do.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've been having trouble getting this setup to get enuf fuel, didn't put a boost gauge on it until today, kept getting lean after 7000rpms. I hit it once, boost is over 20PSI! Way too much for this stock motor with that much compression. I'm gonna hafta slow the blower down a bit, or get another motor.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Dont slow the blower down they love over spun.. Add a Wastegate to the intake side =)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That's the thing, about the time the blower comes on good, so does the motor, it goes super lean around 7200 or so, which is where the engine power comes on, and since the blower is 1:1 the blower is just coming on. It's making 96RWHP at 7200, going super lean, if I can get fuel to it, it'll make at least 120RWHP, but it'll need some better fuel, and/or lower compression.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Damn that sum serious shit & get right there.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
That's the thing, about the time the blower comes on good, so does the motor, it goes super lean around 7200 or so, which is where the engine power comes on, and since the blower is 1:1 the blower is just coming on. It's making 96RWHP at 7200, going super lean, if I can get fuel to it, it'll make at least 120RWHP, but it'll need some better fuel, and/or lower compression.
what about that audi TB people are talking about on here 58mm I think and a new injector like the siber turbo kit has

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Installed 80lb injectors, was making over 100RWHP with the clutch locked up, which should be around 110RWHP, unlocked, blew the jug walls out. I think it was pre-igniting, from the compression, boost & pump gas. I think I'll install forged pistons, & summa my thicker sleeves, make it a 1020cc, & lower compression, & try it again. Pistons looked fair, the front one had a ring land broke, but the rear one was still good. Blowers ain't as hard on pistons, as far as heat, since they don't hold back the exhaust.Pics:

Mavjug carnage.jpg

Mavjug carnage2.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Wow, Must be nice to be able to play with hp stuff as an R&D science project

·
Banned
546 Posts
You make sleeves for these ?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
You make sleeves for these ?
yes he has all kinds of stuff for the internal , he has a 1175 kit to

forged pistons , sleeves, all kinds of goodies

·
Banned
546 Posts
Really? WTH... Whats his web site I need to spend some money

·
Banned
546 Posts
whats the 1180 kit run and produce for power ?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I think he said 150 hp or 180

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I've never done a full tilt 1180 yet, the problem with these things, is the computer controller throttle. On an ATV, I'd guarantee over 100RWHP, easy, I did one on an ATV a while back, made 90RWHP, but it had drop-in cams, & stock ATV heads.

The 1180 kit is $1800. no core charge.Comes with pistons, rings, pins, cylinders, head & base gaskets.

On this blower mav, I'm gonna do a 1103cc kit, see how it does under lower compression, & forged pistons. The top of my kit is enclosed, so it shouldn't have the problem the stock jugs had.

21 - 40 of 110 Posts