·
Registered
7,381 Posts
any dyno numbers yet?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
any dyno numbers yet?
Looks like its still under construction, so my guess would be no dyno yet.
That also looks like a serious case modification to get the toothed sproket in place. Looks like the passenger seat mounting may need to be modified as well

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
now that's badasss - are u running stock clutch ?

cant wait to HEAR it !!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
And for you Mud guys,this will not work on your rig if you go in water or mud!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Me thinks its a natural for the guy with a Max that wants more performance..or any Mav for that matter..

·
Registered
711 Posts
umm..... if he is running a cogged belt, it WILL still hold when wet. i dont recommend running any belt system in water but if its a cogged belt and has a good tensioner system, it will run in any conditions.

a whipple is not the same as a pro-charger. a whipple is a roots style supercharger like a magnuson, kenne belle, and eaton. these superchargers use big lobes, like a big industrial ingersol rand screw compressor. a procharger looks more like a turbocharger. it looks like a small centrifugal blower with a round face and a small compressor wheel inside.

·
Registered
223 Posts
What he said, but add that pro charger is a brand, and a comparable product to those by Paxton and Vortech.

I've never seen a whipple that small, I can't wait to see the results!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, it'll work fine underwater, since it's a cogged belt. The only thing you may wanna worry about is rocks or other chunks getting in the belt, if that were the case, I'd recommend a cover to keep the big stuff out.

A whipple blower is not a roots style, it's a screw style. Both roots and Whipples are positive displacement blowers, as opposed to the Procharger/Paxton/Vortech units, which vary cfm based on the impeller speed. Roots blowers use two identical rotors to move air, where a Whipple, & other screws like Lysholm, use mating male & female rotors, pushing air along their length, heating the air less in the process.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got it fired up tonite, not tuned yet, warmed engine, topped off fluids, throttle response is WICKED! 5lbs boost off idle! No engine codes at all so far.
I've got a bracket that's vibrating too much, I've gotta reinforce it tomorrow, then on to the dyno.

Again, stock computer, stock tb, stock intake, stock motor, BRP gizmo, Muzzy exhaust, Powercommander for fuel & timing.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Got it fired up tonite, not tuned yet, warmed engine, topped off fluids, throttle response is WICKED! 5lbs boost off idle! No engine codes at all so far.
I've got a bracket that's vibrating too much, I've gotta reinforce it tomorrow, then on to the dyno.

Again, stock computer, stock tb, stock intake, stock motor, BRP gizmo, Muzzy exhaust, Powercommander for fuel & timing.
badass!

I don't think the head with that hi comp will last long . or maybe it will and we will be lucky and have a sik set up cant wait to here results , and maybe price, lol

·
Registered
791 Posts
This is getting serious. I like it. This could turn out to be what the doctor ordered.
How loud is that blower going to be in the cab?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Subscribed!

Reactions: Lowball
1 - 20 of 110 Posts