Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The search function has been helpful, but I still have not found a solution to my basic question about a mount for a whip flag.
I would like to mount a flag onto the rear Can-am bumper on my MavT. The bumper tubing is 1.5 in and most mounts seem to be for 2.0 in. tubing. The flag will be in use on the MavT for maybe only 1 or 2 weekends of the year. Lighting on the flag will not be an issue since it is only for daytime use. Observations / Suggestions? Thx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you try ebay? There are some billet ones available for 1.5" tubes on there.
search for;
"Horizontal Billet Aluminum whip flag Antenna Mount to 1.5" Bar Works with roof"

·
Registered
7 Posts
thx! I'll check that out!
I've got this mount from Tusk...

Tusk Flag Mount

The mount fits the rear angled roll bar perfectly. Hasn't budged since I put it on. Not the greatest pic, but, it gives you the idea.

Also, the whip I have is from these guys... I got it with their spring and quick connect mount for easy removal. Works awesome!

FireStik Whip

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the photo and the link.
I did order the two piece "flag" pole set-up from RockyMountain, because I thought it would transport more conviently when not attached to the MavT. For a mount, I ordered a 1.5 part that I found on the web which is basically a 1.5 industrial colette with a welded tab which has the necessary .5 in. hole for the flag pole attachment. However, RockyMountain mount "link" that you shared would have be far less pricey. Thanks to all who offered ideas.
I've got this mount from Tusk...

Tusk Flag Mount

The mount fits the rear angled roll bar perfectly. Hasn't budged since I put it on. Not the greatest pic, but, it gives you the idea.

View attachment 265797

Also, the whip I have is from these guys... I got it with their spring and quick connect mount for easy removal. Works awesome!

FireStik Whip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts