Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock 12" beadlocks or STI HD Beadlock Wheel?
Wanting to get an extra set of tires and wheels, was wondering which wheels to get.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
If you're going to stick with a 12" wheel don't waste your money upgrading. If you go to a 14" yes they're worth it

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks Alex. I am wanting an extra set tires/wheels. just wondering if grabbing some stock take offs was better than the STI HDs. If I get the STI HDs they will be 14s. So I guess I know which way to go. Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ya, no issues clearing 28's. I'm sure 30's wouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
62 Posts
I thought the STI HDs in 5-2 offset kept you at stock width from reading on here. Is that wrong?

Here is the thread I was reading.http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/15-wheels-tires/2126-stock-offset.html Guess it says 5-2 is stock and also says wider. What wheel is OMF starting with to get narrower offset? I would like to have 6-1 offset and narrow it up 2 inchs.
U need a 14 x 6 wheel with zero offset to narrow it up two inches. Keizer or OMF are about ur only choices and they are about $400 a piece!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Any body ever try Holeshot ATRs? I have them on my Renegade and love them. I have been looking at tires for a couple weeks and the HS ATR is the only knobby stile tire I can find. Can not believe no one makes a Holeshot GNCC or Quadcross XC tread pattern for SxSs. Most everything I have found look like truck or mud tires. I was thinking of trying the 26-10-12 all the way around. ITP says the HS ATR is a SxS tire.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Your not looking hard enough. The last thing u want is a knobby tire that will clog up on a heavy sxs. Rocktanes, black waters and bighorns are gonna be your best all condition tire I'm sure there are others as well

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Rat. I have been looking at the the Rocktanes, blackwaters, bajacross, GBC, EFX motoclaws and the other STI tires and they all look like a truck or mud tire. Guess I do not get it yet, being new to the SxS world. Wheel speed has always cleaned my Holeshots out on my Renegade. Will not run Maxxis other than to wear out the stock tires. Never had anything but bad luck with Maxxis and they are made in China. Have always ran ITP tires on my quads cause hey come from Tennessee or so I have been told.

·
Registered
725 Posts
U want a carcass that's gonna hold up to sharp edges and what not most go with 8 ply and what I'm going with also, the tires mentioned I believe are gonna be your best choice

·
Registered
62 Posts
I always liked the GBC Dirt Commanders on my 840 Teryx. Probably what I will go with eventually on my Mav. A lot of GNCC guys are running the ITP Terra Cross with good luck. Most run Tire Balls in them and love the steering and side bit on them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts