Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my front sand tires mounted on wheels and they are backwards to what I am used to doing.
Anyone else run there multiple ribbed tires backwards?
This is how they came mounted and how I am finding some pictured online as you see below....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393895752.882718.jpg
This is how I usually run mine....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393895815.916902.jpg
Your Thoughts?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm an occasional sand rider, but I would say in cornering the outside tire digs more, so you would want it like the bottom pic. The other way seems like turning your rear tires around. Kinda useless

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I think but figure I better throw it out there just in case they mounted them that way on purpose. The only thing I could think is the tires throw the sand up underneath the front of the car rather than out. So instead of the left front grabbing when turning right the right front does the grabbing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Dang now you got me wondering did they put mine on backwards as well
When I look at yours they look backwards but maybe they work fine. Yours look like since they are on a wider wheel they would work either way. When you get them on a narrow wheel so they are more ballooned then they might struggle. Mine came from GMZ opposite of what I was thinking.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Not much help from me on tif they are correct or now but I am curious to know where you got them and how much? Are they 12 or 14"?

Sent via fax

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not much help from me on tif they are correct or now but I am curious to know where you got them and how much? Are they 12 or 14"?

Sent via fax
If your referring to the GMZ Sand Stripper Fronts they cost $149 per tire. Chaparral sells them as well as a few others.
Below are the stats. The matching paddles are nice to. They are only available for 14" wheels.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393903079.949075.jpg

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The ribs go on the outside. A friend received a set from GMZ already mounted with the ribs on the inside. Called to verify they were on backwards & in fact they were. They look better to me with the ribs inward but they are supposed to work better on the outside.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would think they would perform the same regardless. Might keep more sand out of the cabin with them on the inside. I'd roll with it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have a different front rib than you. Mine are the STU razors, but the ribs to the outside according to every professional I spoke with before mounting them. Remember when your turning in a certain direction, left or right, the outside tire is taking most of the turning pressure and that what turns the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have a different front rib than you. Mine are the STU razors, but ribs to the outside according to every profeesional I spoke with before mounting them. Remember when your turning in a certain direction, left or right, the outside tire is taking most of the turning pressure and that what turns the car.
After thinking about it Glamisdog is 100% correct, if they are on the inside and your turning right the car is gonna roll to the left therefore taking the downforce off the right tire and placing it mostly on the left, if the ribs are on the inside on left the car will be relying on the buff part off the tire to turn.... Outside!!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Reactions: Clifs maverick

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Well if you run a Skat Trak smooth Buff front this would not be a problem to figure out. LOL.

Reactions: mearsman

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ok I emailed DWT Racing about which way to mount the front tire below is the response I got.

The ribs or ridges should be on the inside, if they were mounted on the outside it would throw sand towards the inside of the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts