Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im looking for a decent toy hauler in the 15-20 thousand price range just wondering what are some brands that are good and which do I stay away from?

I want a bumper pull anywhere from 20-28 ft as long as it can fit the maverick! Would also like generator and on board fuel station!

Here is a couple I found! What do u guys think?

• [*=center]

Date Listed04-Apr-14
Last Edited04-Apr-14
Price$18,500.00
Address100 Mile House, BC V0K, Canada

View map
[HR][/HR]
For Sale ByOwner
Year2009
[HR][/HR]
2009 #230 FS Energy Toy Hauler
Like New! Sleeps 8, including three queen size beds, full kitchen with full size fridge/freezer, microwave, three burner stove with oven, built in stereo/DVD/CD player with speakers inside and outside options, bathroom with toilet/Shower/Bath tub, air conditioning, 4KVA Onan generator built in, plus built in 100lt fueling station, outside shower and TV hook ups!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

• [*=center]

Date Listed04-Apr-14
Last Edited11-Apr-14
Price$20,500.00
AddressSurrey, BC V3W 5M7, Canada

View map
[HR][/HR]
For Sale ByOwner
ColourBlue
Year2010
[HR][/HR]
Manufactured by Forest River.

Features: AC, 6cuft Fridge, Convection Oven, Carpet Kit, 15" Flat Screen TV & Stereo with Outside Speakers, 34 gal Fuel Station, Pressure Washer, Flood Lights, 4 Stabilizer Jacks, Awning, RV Cover, 3.5kw RV Generator, Flipped 5,000 lb. Axles, Dual Batteries & New Tires.

Dry weight 3,995 lbs.
Carries two full sized Quads or Side by Side.
Great condition!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[h=2] 2010-TRACK-N-TRAIL TOY HAULER 26' - $18000 (SURREY)[/h]

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

2010 -TRACK N TRAIL TOY HAULER 26', GULF STREAM 26RTH

-SEPARATE QUEEN SIZE BEDROOM
-2 QUEEN SIZED BEDS IN BACK, SLEEPS 10
-FULL KITCHEN
-FULL BATHROOM
-2 FOLD DOWN LEATHER COUCHES
-AIR CONDITIONER
-SLIDING GLASS DOOR
-AWNING
-POWER JACK
-35 GALLON GAS TANK
-HOLDS 2 ATV'S
THIS TOY HAULER HAS ONLY BEEN USED TWICE AND IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.
$ 18,000.00 OBO

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Make sure your mav will fit is all I can say. I went through enclosed trailers like socks for a period there and finally just gave up and bought a 4 place sled trailer with shields. That cage is pretty tall. I'm sure you are on top of it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Xxc fits in our 22ft K2 by Komfort but a standard Maverick would have a bit more height, about two inches, but even that would be snug but doable. Much would depend to on if there is a rear or front bed. Ours is rear. I would say that height would be the deciding factor. Ours has a 36 gallon fuel station but not an on board gen. Instead I had the tongue lengthened and sat our 3k generator out front. One factor I would encourage you to look for is how heavy is the trailer gross AND the gross tongue weight NOT dry. Our toy hauler though small usually carries 1,500 lbs on the tongue. With the usual 8,500 lbs on the trailer axles this is not a setup for a half ton truck.

·
Registered
538 Posts
whatever you decide to buy,look it over very closely for water damage.i would reccomend having it inspected by a pro.i had a 07 weekend warrior that was only 3 years old at the time and the bathroom floor and hallway got a nasty soft spot from a unknown leak.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Whatever it is, make damn sure it has 3000lb+ cargo capacity. If it has a fuel station add 250-400 more.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for your input, I looked at that stealth I posted yesterday and it looks really nice and all but after going in it my wife and I decided we want a 26ft to 29 ft trailer! It would just make it much more enjoyable I think! Im pulling the trailer with a 2008 dodge 3500 so should have no problem with towing a heavier trailer, So the next one we are going to look at is this one Ill post it!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

• [*=center]

Date Listed14-Apr-14
Last Edited14-Apr-14
Price$22,500.00
AddressBurnaby, BC V5C 5A9, Canada

View map
[HR][/HR]
For Sale ByOwner
ColourWhite
Year2010
[HR][/HR]
2010 Keystone 26ft Toyhauler. less than 10000kms on it. Solar panels to charge 2 x 6volts Batteries 6856lbs empty. 2600lbs cargo capacity. Mint shape. Model number 260FS. 100 litre Fuel station, 4000watts on board generator w/ 25hrs, many more options. 400 litre water tank, 100 litre grey tank See specs at website 2010 Keystone Energy 260FS Trailer : Reviews, Prices and Specs : RV Guide STILL HAS WARRANTY TILL 2017

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's a good find... Did you buy it? Why are you going with the travel trailer instead if a fiver? I've had a 36' travel trailer that was all over the road and now I've got a longer, taller, heavier fifth wheel and it pulls like nothing is back there. I would recommend looking into one if it's not too late. Enjoy your new purchase.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Good luck with your hunt.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a good find... Did you buy it? Why are you going with the travel trailer instead if a fiver? I've had a 36' travel trailer that was all over the road and now I've got a longer, taller, heavier fifth wheel and it pulls like nothing is back there. I would recommend looking into one if it's not too late. Enjoy your new purchase.
No havent bought one yet still waiting to here back from a email I sent, why cant people leave there phone number so much easier! Anyways the only reason I want to go a travel trailer is because I have 2 mavericks to haul so I was going to put one on the sled deck and one in the toy hauler! I agree though a fifth wheel would be a heck of alot nicer but I dont wanna be towing a 40 ft fifth wheel with a 20 ft garage! I dont even know if there is a garage on a toy hauler big enough to haul two mavericks!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
5'ers pull so much better than a tag. I'll never go back to a tag. But in reality, you can only do what you can afford and what your truck is capable of doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I got a 2011 KZ MXT301 I paid $19K for. Its a nice trailer. I wanted a 5er but the pin weight alone would have put me at or over capacity on my truck. With a WDH this one tows just right

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya Im towing with a 2008 dodge 3500 so a fifth wheel would be no problem and Im sure with a maverick on a sled deck and towing a tow hauler loaded Im going to be pretty heavy!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got a 2011 KZ MXT301 I paid $19K for. Its a nice trailer. I wanted a 5er but the pin weight alone would have put me at or over capacity on my truck. With a WDH this one tows just right
Very nice setup!

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have been looking at the Eclipse Stellar/Attitude fifth wheels. You should be able to get two Mavs in on there 32SAG or 32DBG model. It has 20'7" open floorplan non garage. Plus they are the wide/light body models and the dry weight is only 9100 lbs. I just need to pull the trigger and buy it. I look at them online everyday.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you could swing it I would look into a 5th wheel. My 41' raptor pulls better than my 28' enclosed tag trailer. One thing to look for is, My raptor says it has a 10' garage or 120". I assumed it was 10'. Actual measurement came to 119". Maverick is 118.8" long. I thought I would have some wiggle room but nope. Got real lucky.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thanks guys for your input, I looked at that stealth I posted yesterday and it looks really nice and all but after going in it my wife and I decided we want a 26ft to 29 ft trailer! It would just make it much more enjoyable I think! Im pulling the trailer with a 2008 dodge 3500 so should have no problem with towing a heavier trailer, So the next one we are going to look at is this one Ill post it!
It is usually better to get one as big as you can afford or tow since the more time you spend in it, the smaller it will get.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts