Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to start this topic because I have a video that I can't stop watching. It inspires me to go riding, keep thinking about better ways to improve this hobby for me, and also just peps me up when I'm down. Also, some day I actually want to go on this particular run, with a large group.

This video was done RIGHT, like IMMACULATELY. The editing and the soundtrack are amazing. I even bought the song and added it to my everyday playlist.

Please share your favorite video. It might help some of us to do something or go somewhere that we never were thinking about before.

Desert Whips-Calico California to State-line Nevada Toy Run 2019

·
Registered
293 Posts
cool video, looks like a great time. i can't really think of my favorite video, i watch them all lol. any riding video that is about family friends and a good time experiencing the sport does it for me.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had never heard of Dust To Glory before. I think I found the proper trailer video to try to get more videos inserted in this topic. I hope I found the correct one.

Watching the trailer, I really want to purchase the movie. It's cool that Robbie Gordon was mentioned, plus many other big names.

Dust To Glory Trailer

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
I had never heard of Dust To Glory before. I think I found the proper trailer video to try to get more videos inserted in this topic. I hope I found the correct one.

Watching the trailer, I really want to purchase the movie. It's cool that Robbie Gordon was mentioned, plus many other big names.

Dust To Glory Trailer
The best was Mouse McCoy doing the Ironman. He was basically incoherent by the end of the race. Great video too!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glamis Gone Wild...LOL😁
I see some 12 year old GGW videos on Youtube and will watch them later. I've watched all the recent videos like DuneFreq. Maybe those older videos are crazier!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Before the interwebz, "On Any Sunday"
ok, that i agree with. got that video on vhs, dvd, and amazon. lol malcom was the man!

this part of the vid was my favorite and is what riding is all about. i grew up riding with my uncles, i had a 73 yahama 360 and can remember thinking it was such a beast. several years ago we were riding HMT and i went up a nasty hill on my ktm. my uncle and i got in a conservation about how much better a rider i was then he had been. i disagreed, that the bike made all the difference. watching this vid, and how they rode those heavy and slow machines with no suspension and no brakes is beyond me. they were 10 time the rider i ever was.

·
Registered
372 Posts
ok, that i agree with. got that video on vhs, dvd, and amazon. lol malcom was the man!

this part of the vid was my favorite and is what riding is all about. i grew up riding with my uncles, i had a 73 yahama 360 and can remember thinking it was such a beast. several years ago we were riding HMT and i went up a nasty hill on my ktm. my uncle and i got in a conservation about how much better a rider i was then he had been. i disagreed, that the bike made all the difference. watching this vid, and how they rode those heavy and slow machines with no suspension and no brakes is beyond me. they were 10 time the rider i ever was.
Yup, taught to ride by my uncle. I had a Hodaka Wombat(red tank), and he had a few bikes, but primarily rode a Suzuki TS185. I thought I was Evel Knievel. LOL Good times!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Loved Dust to Glory

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I watched Dust To Glory tonight using my Amazon Prime. It's a very exciting and inspiring movie. I was rooting for Robbie Gordon, and was upset that he didn't make it all the way. But I did some research and found out he won the Baja 1000 soon afterward in 2006. I also liked Mouse McCoy, who I believe was the star of the movie.

This movie really did something to me. To see guys doing anything to win, anything to drive as fast as they can, makes me want to take my offroading hobby to a whole new level. I'll need to sell my XC 1000R, bite the bullet and take the loss, and then invest in an X3 and be prepared to put some suspension upgrades on it so I can drive it the way I want to.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
I watched Dust To Glory tonight using my Amazon Prime. It's a very exciting and inspiring movie. I was rooting for Robbie Gordon, and was upset that he didn't make it all the way. But I did some research and found out he won the Baja 1000 soon afterward in 2006. I also liked Mouse McCoy, who I believe was the star of the movie.

This movie really did something to me. To see guys doing anything to win, anything to drive as fast as they can, makes me want to take my offroading hobby to a whole new level. I'll need to sell my XC 1000R, bite the bullet and take the loss, and then invest in an X3 and be prepared to put some suspension upgrades on it so I can drive it the way I want to.
You should have figured that out way before the movie, but glad you did! You did the same thing everybody does, buy something that gets you started, like most of us did eons ago with Rhinos
Then after dumping tons of money into, sell it and get the next best thing.

Right now. The next best thing is the X3.

·
Registered
90 Posts
One of my favorites although not UTV related but desert racing, trucks and buggys. Dirt Division. The title is Paradigm Presents:Dirt Division Full Movie in case the link doesn't work. Amazing what those machines can do and take.

Reactions: Phoenix7

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
One of my favorites although not UTV related but desert racing, trucks and buggys. Dirt Division. The title is Paradigm Presents:Dirt Division Full Movie in case the link doesn't work. Amazing what those machines can do and take.
That's an excellent and exciting video for anyone interested in desert riding, racing, or watching different types of vehicles handle whoops and turns.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts