Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6,621 Posts
I have the UTV inc kit and it is beefy and comes with 5 separate pieces. Other than adjusting the holes on one piece the kit fits like a glove.

· Registered
6,621 Posts
You're right chromoly is stronger compared to equivalent thickness carbon steel. Some people think that chromoly is lighter it's not, you can just use less metal to get the same strength. Same reason I have a chromo roll cage on mine, but I was trying to save a lot more than 1 pound.
Exactly and its funny when you talk with someone that doesn't quite understand this principle.

Kinda like the trick question, which weighs more a pound of feathers or a pound of rocks!

Reactions: AReed

· Registered
6,621 Posts
ummm...the rocks?? :wink: I would rather get hit with the pound of feathers though!
:wink:Weight is a static measurement and "hitting" infers momentum would be part of the equation which would involve mass to determine damage from impact of hitting. So the two are clearly not the same. :crazy: :haha:

· Registered
6,621 Posts
They both have the same mass (1 lb)....the difference is the density!
yeah thats what I meant. Mass, weight & density are the 3 cousins and all related.

· Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah well, but did you read the pants??? CUTE BUT PHYSCO!!

I can get it! Pass on the assistant, been there done that!
My experience is they ALL are a little bit physco but they can be useful.
however most mechanic challenges are best handled by the driver and not the passenger for responsibility purposes of course!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.