Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have Mavercik 1000R 2015 and i need to replace the drive belt.
I wanted to know which drive belt is best recommended.
Im trying to save money but also want somthing good.
i heard from friends about the company gates and i wanted to ask you guys if its good company,
and maybe you know better drive belt but no so expensive like the original can am drive belt
thanks

·
Official Site Vendor
7,023 Posts
I am a vendor for belts. I used to sell Gates, I don't sell them anymore. The reason is I kept blowing them. Try Trinty or Ultimax for the best that I have found. Please start a conversation on the back channel if you need more info.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The gates belt is a good belt at a good price. Not the best, but a good value. What belt to buy depends on how hard you drive your machine and how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Get the Ultimax . I hear they are the manufacturer of the new gboost worlds best belts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
For dunes I think the ultimax would be good. I have warrantied the one I bought 3 times. They don’t ask questions and replace them. They do however not grip well like the factory does in rock crawling situations and slip much more easily and glaze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Gates carbon fiber belt is a good belt for a lot less than an oem belt.

Google is no longer a source of information. It has become little more than a sales tool.

If you can't ask questions about these expensive vehicles on a forum by the same name, then what's the point of the forum? Just another sales tool?

Forums are made better, more interesting, and more informative when people can ask questions. Even questions that the local know it all trolls find annoying.

Can we start another forum called EXPERT MAVERICK FORUM where the experts can hang out insulting each other, so the rest of us can actually feel free to engage in informative, if elementary, discussions and exchanges of ideas?

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Well I went to the Offroad Expo here in Scottsdale this past weekend and happened to see the Gates reps were there prompting there new belt that came out 2 weeks ago called the Redline . They said it's been in development for 3 years and its its supposedly gonna work awesome . Tested up to 338 deg and back down and still lives. I will post a picture of the new brochures. I'm gonna buy a few to test out and beat on them.

Reactions: GloverXRS

·
Registered
171 Posts
Also... consider the counter argument....

Harder rubber compounds might wear the clutch sheaves prematurely.

Belts are cheaper than clutches

I don't know whether i buy this argument, but it's food for thought

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
They will keep coming out with new names until us idiots stop buying them.
Its not just the cost of the belt you have to factor, its the cost of the housing too.
I still think the OP screenname is hilarious.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Well I went to the Offroad Expo here in Scottsdale this past weekend and happened to see the Gates reps were there prompting there new belt that came out 2 weeks ago called the Redline . They said it's been in development for 3 years and its its supposedly gonna work awesome . Tested up to 338 deg and back down and still lives. I will post a picture of the new brochures. I'm gonna buy a few to test out and beat on them.
Warlock - Who you buying them through and how much? I was going to try one as well. I'm down for trying new stuff. I was quoted $120

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Warlock - Who you buying them through and how much? I was going to try one as well. I'm down for trying new stuff. I was quoted $120
I haven't really searched to see who had them and what pricing is at yet. Looks like Rocky mountain and Sandcraft are gonna be selling them to.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
The conversation I had with Gates rep started out where i told him i was not going to try and offend or upset them but my experience with past Gates belts was so poor that I never bought another one ever again cause they were a waste of money and that experience was from 2007 in the Rhino days when 2 of our car both just installed fresh gates belts and both belts blew up 1/2 way to Osborne and comp hillngoing from pad 1. They actually blew up 20' apart. So from those days on we always believed in factory belts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts