Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Which doors did you buy or do you want to buy?

• TurnKey

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • Pro Armor

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • Blingstar

Votes: 36 29.8%
  • UTV Inc.

Votes: 27 22.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which doors did you buy or do you want to buy and why?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here are pictures of each for reference (sorry if i stole your picture its all for the good of the community)

Pro armor:

Blingstar:

TurnKey:

UTV Inc.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have BlingStar however UTV fits the opening best. I also like the style of the BlingStar plus price is better.

·
Premium Member
8,284 Posts
I DONT NEED NOT STINKING DOORS!!!!!!!!

after dunning without doors i like them without. With the 5 point harness and the hold on tight thinking, i am good to go. I believe they keep in alot of heat too.

can i ask why you want doors?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I DONT NEED NOT STINKING DOORS!!!!!!!!

after dunning without doors i like them without. With the 5 point harness and the hold on tight thinking, i am good to go. I believe they keep in alot of heat

can i ask why you want doors?

Cause we all don't live near the desert...
I built my own doors cause it's cheaper till I buy the real deal

·
Registered
317 Posts
I will be throwing on a set of UTV inc doors for next desert season. I like that it is a full door. My main reason for wanting them is to keep the little lady safe in case I crash us. I have the 5 points installed, but I want the peace of mind too.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yup the ol lady wanted a set , there nice to have keeps mud dirt crap out, clothes bags blankets in , lol

i like blingstar they come up hi bow out far and super solid does not move around and makes a killer arm rest, light weight but still very strong full aluminum door, but has metal mounting stricker pole and its double mounted so its super solid when latched !

plus there very well priced at only $5xx,

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Basically it boils down to what you like. I think they are all good quality doors, I have Blingstars. I dont like the look of plastic covered doors, I prefer the looks of the aluminum powder coated doors. I also prefer suicide opening doors over conventional. Makes getting the seat out easier and myself out easier as well. I also like high cut doors over the low cuts for both looks, keeps the elements out better and a place to rest my arm when cruising. I do like the automotive style latches over the slam latch design but you can't always have the best of both worlds. Like I said it all boils down to what you like, everyone has their own opinions.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Basically it boils down to what you like. I think they are all good quality doors, I have Blingstars. I dont like the look of plastic covered doors, I prefer the looks of the aluminum powder coated doors. I also prefer suicide opening doors over conventional. Makes getting the seat out easier and myself out easier as well. I also like high cut doors over the low cuts for both looks, keeps the elements out better and a place to rest my arm when cruising. I do like the automotive style latches over the slam latch design but you can't always have the best of both worlds. Like I said it all boils down to what you like, everyone has their own opinions.
i think the blingstars are one of the best looking doors (i also love the turnkeys but they sit to low for what i need) but it seems to me that the UTV inc. doors have the best coverage from mud and snow..... i could be wrong

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Utv's here. Looks like it has the best coverage. Oh yea, back ordered but worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You get them on yet 01? If so how's the fit?

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I cant make up my mind, i think the turnkey look more like they were made for the machine, but the utvinc are the height im looking for.
Not real happy about the plastic covering. The factory pro armor are just too low for me. I cant see the blingstar detail in any of the photos plus i dont need them to bend out at all, decisions,decisions

·
Registered
761 Posts
You get them on yet 01? If so how's the fit?
Yes I have them on. I will get pics soon. All I have to say is that there heavy!!!!!!! Over 60lbs and the fit isn't what it should be for the price. I have over 15 hours fitting these doors and some bending and making my own brackets. Give it another few months and they might nail it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yes I have them on. I will get pics soon. All I have to say is that there heavy!!!!!!! Over 60lbs and the fit isn't what it should be for the price. I have over 15 hours fitting these doors and some bending and making my own brackets. Give it another few months and they might nail it.

Not good, not good!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes I have them on. I will get pics soon. All I have to say is that there heavy!!!!!!! Over 60lbs and the fit isn't what it should be or the price. I have over 15 hours fitting these doors and some bending and making my own brackets. Give it another few months and they might nail it.
How's the elbow room? I'm a bigger guy and can see my elbow hitting the door while steering the Mav.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
60 lbs!!!!!!! I don't like that! What do the other brands weight?

·
Registered
69 Posts
They all look good but I'm going to have to vote for the first photo of the Pro Armor doors. I have to! Thats my Maverick!!

I do wish the Pro Armor were a bit taller but they are very light (sorry didn't weigh them) and far better than the nets. Passanger door fit perfect. Driver door....not so much. Had to modify the bracket and latch location. I don't thing the door was positioned right in the jig when it was welded. Like I said earlier, instructions say 2 hour install. I have more like 6-7 hours in them.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts