Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a commander and I’m trying to decide on a x3 or sport. X3 xds RR or xmr 64 inch. I ride mostly here in the Midwest on dirt. I’ve heard the sport isn’t as comfortable as the X3. I know I don’t need 195 hp but for the money why not! So for me it comes down to comfort. Which unit drives the best for trail riding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
But whatever is going to make you the most happy. Simple as that.

·
Registered
2019 Maverick sport xmr
11 Posts
I think need to consider ride style. I bought 2019 sport xmr. On East coast . Trails and dirt roads mud and rocks . A base x3 was cheaper with more power and travel. But think in trails the v twin is better with the torque. Seating is up a bit more. Wanted the snorkels winch and set up already for 30s. Also I didn't want trailing arms. I know they ride better. But hit in rocks. Plus xmr has full doors and locking diff

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a sport it's very comfortable but I did notice after 5-6 hours of riding little to no breaks my but was a little sore but drive your truck for that amount of time and you'd be the same. I think canam makes very good seats for stock and upgrades are available. The cab space if very good. I'm 6'3" 200lbs and don't find the Sport cramped at all.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I would drive both or at least sit in both. Xds rr will ride better due to length and way better shocks. The guys that buy the sports seem to really like them, they just weren’t for me. Once I drove a demo from my buddy’s dealership I was sold. Plus no one ever says I have too much hp. Lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would drive both or at least sit in both. Xds rr will ride better due to length and way better shocks. The guys that buy the sports seem to really like them, they just weren’t for me. Once I drove a demo from my buddy’s dealership I was sold. Plus no one ever says I have too much hp. Lol

Yeah I'm sure if I drove an X3 I'd be all in on them in sure. Just the travel alone. I found the limitations of the Sport kind quicker than I hoped lol.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts