Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've noticed that some of the bracket lift kits change the angle of the shocks. I rode my buddies mav with the S3 kit and it rode like garbage. Are they all going to ride the same?

Any input would be great. I just might leave it stock, i love the way it rides now.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
No they won't ride like garbage. I'm running the highlifter 4 inch lift and have my preload set a quarter inch lower than stock and still have 20 inches of gc. With a few lifts u have to jack your springs all the way down and it makes for a very bumpy ride. Mine is stiffer than it was when it was stock but not bad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I will be running an adjustable 4" CATVOS lift here soon with arched lower front and rear A-arms. I will give you guys a full report. Waiting on the Mav to go from shop to shop right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No they won't ride like garbage. I'm running the highlifter 4 inch lift and have my preload set a quarter inch lower than stock and still have 20 inches of gc. With a few lifts u have to jack your springs all the way down and it makes for a very bumpy ride. Mine is stiffer than it was when it was stock but not bad.
Sounds good...i may just go with the highlifter as well. How is the articulation after the install??

·
Registered
791 Posts
My S3 3" rides just as good as stock. It's all in how much you crank the preload on your springs.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Great. I don't know how to describe it. My buds that ride with me Call it the crawfish because its always on bottom. It's about the same as stock As far as how much it flexes. I'm still impressed overall

1 - 8 of 8 Posts