Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep got her all dialed...and she really lays down the law on the low end. I lost 2mph on top, went from 76 to 74....don't know what's up with that tho..
Yeah but you gotta feel good that its dailed in better.
I waiting to test the top end on mine on my first season ride. Rumors are that 80mph is normal with stock tires.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yep got her all dialed...and she really lays down the law on the low end. I lost 2mph on top, went from 76 to 74....don't know what's up with that tho..
I am leaning towards the STM/STM setup. I am thinking rage 6 but will look at the rage 3. Glad to hear you like it. Is it a drastic difference in performance? I am mostly looking for reliability. Performance will be the added bonus.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Who is giving the best price on this setup?
I think it is about the same no matter who you buy them from. STM direct or Kris from Cold Blooded….

It is most likely the belt or belt deflection. if the belt wears a bit or if the deflection is a bit on the loose side, it will do that. I bet if you take out a fiber washer from the secondary you will get back the 2MPH on the top end….

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I think it is about the same no matter who you buy them from. STM direct or Kris from Cold Blooded….

It is most likely the belt or belt deflection. if the belt wears a bit or if the deflection is a bit on the loose side, it will do that. I bet if you take out a fiber washer from the secondary you will get back the 2MPH on the top end….
I'll have to try that heavy... My belt is pretty tight but I would say not quite as much as stock.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I am leaning towards the STM/STM setup. I am thinking rage 6 but will look at the rage 3. Glad to hear you like it. Is it a drastic difference in performance? I am mostly looking for reliability. Performance will be the added bonus.
To me it's a drastic difference, no more dropping rpms....it's consistent now

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Take out a fiber washer and if it doesn't creep at idle or squeal, you should be good to go.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts