Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm gonna relocate it but not for more airflow. Just so I can rearrange my steering. Ive "lost" the air box so I was wondering if anyone has relocated it to where the air box used to be in the horizontal position rather than vertical?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Whats the point? Isnt it better in the more forward location out of the way of the steering?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to put the steering rack where the radiator sits currently

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To locate the tie rods on the forward side of the tire. Less bump steer and most of all way less stress on the POS steering box

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made my own and since there's no weak point in the tie rods now, the steering rack is the weak point. So I'm going to a full billet steering rack like all the desert racers

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
You could relocate it up where the airbox was but I would run ducting to it to ensure it gets adequate airflow as well as a fan override to ensure you are keeping things cool. Another option would be to run 2 smaller dual coolers like dirt bikes use and locate them directly behind the front inner fender panels with screens in them to protect the radiators.....

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How would you know if you need to turn the fan on? I have a base model btw

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Couple of things.. I can send pics of how we have relocated the radiator on first our BITD Commander and now on our Maverick..
radiator 2.jpg radiator 1.jpg

you are dead on about going front steer, the rear steer is a huge no go on these Mavs.. we are moving too a Billet front Steering rack which will eliminate the number one issue we have for problems/DNF's. Curious what rack you used? Can you post some pics?
We will also be going front steer on the our BITD/SCORE Max we are building.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm lookin to use a billet king rack or a gear one rack

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was wondering if there's another spot to put the radiator. Can you mount it in the horizontal arrangement?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm lookin to use a billet king rack or a gear one rack

You might look at a rack off of a Wildcat as they are front steer... haven't checked it out but it might be an easy and more affordable option.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just curious if u guys breaking the rack have power steering or not? I just updated to all the CT bracing and tie rods on my xxc, now i'm worried about the rack. I was hoping since I have the DPS this wouldn't be an issue. I broke the rack on my Teryx and went with the billet gear one rack and was never crazy about the steering action with it.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alex, I was hoping you'd chime in. Do you know if or see anywhere else to mount it that wouldn't be seen?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts