Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
There are actually two whip mount holes already in deck of the bed, one on the left, one on the right. However on the first dune trip I found that it was an absolute pain in the ass to mount a flag there because there's a support bar right under it. After fighting with it for about 10 minutes we eventually gave up and just temporarily zip tied it to the cage. Ended up with a standard 1.5" flag mount and put it on the rear bumper(BRP bumper). You can see the quick release spring mount thats mounted there now, flag is not currently in it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
From what I understand the 2 holes circled in green are supposed to be factory flag mounts all the way on the rear of the deck, right above where each muffler exits.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The problem I had was due to the support bar it made for a tight spot to get the nut started on the bottom of the flag. I'm sure it's possible but since we have to bolt on/remove flags for transport it was more hassle than should have been necessary.

Either that or I'm just an incompitent dumbass...which could likely be possible. :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
A little better pics. We're actually at the dunes right now so I snapped these real quick.

One of the factory flag mounts

The bar under that interferes.

Here's the mount we put on the bumper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts