Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
There are actually two whip mount holes already in deck of the bed, one on the left, one on the right. However on the first dune trip I found that it was an absolute pain in the ass to mount a flag there because there's a support bar right under it. After fighting with it for about 10 minutes we eventually gave up and just temporarily zip tied it to the cage. Ended up with a standard 1.5" flag mount and put it on the rear bumper(BRP bumper). You can see the quick release spring mount thats mounted there now, flag is not currently in it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha! Thanks - I wish I would have realized this earlier so I didn't waste $60 bucks on a quick release.

The issue you were having though was related to there not being enough clearance for the flag bolt due to the support bar correct?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The problem I had was due to the support bar it made for a tight spot to get the nut started on the bottom of the flag. I'm sure it's possible but since we have to bolt on/remove flags for transport it was more hassle than should have been necessary.

Either that or I'm just an incompitent dumbass...which could likely be possible. :(

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I put mine in that factory hole, and it was extremely difficult to get it done.
Ever since I saw that mount location I've been wondering if the height on it is good enough for a 6' flag at Glamis. Figure you're the expert and would know. Seems like it's supposed the top of the flag has to reach 10' or something.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Sand Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Natural environment
Ever since I saw that mount location I've been wondering if the height on it is good enough for a 6' flag at Glamis. Figure you're the expert and would know. Seems like it's supposed the top of the flag has to reach 10' or something.
I've seen a few Mav's out in the dunes with the flags mounted in the factory locations, rangers cruised right by without a second look. I have Tusk mounts on the B pilar of the roll bar with 6' quik light whips. They work for me, and would not interfear with a roof if I had one.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Thanks for the Glamis flag info, just what I needed and I'm sure the stock mount will do fine for my annual trip (twice on a good year!).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts