Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to mount it in the bed area somewhere... Where are you guys mounting your whips? Pics would be beneficial :)
I just ordered a roof so roll cage cross beam is out of the picture

·
Registered
95 Posts
There are actually two whip mount holes already in deck of the bed, one on the left, one on the right. However on the first dune trip I found that it was an absolute pain in the ass to mount a flag there because there's a support bar right under it. After fighting with it for about 10 minutes we eventually gave up and just temporarily zip tied it to the cage. Ended up with a standard 1.5" flag mount and put it on the rear bumper(BRP bumper). You can see the quick release spring mount thats mounted there now, flag is not currently in it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
From what I understand the 2 holes circled in green are supposed to be factory flag mounts all the way on the rear of the deck, right above where each muffler exits.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotcha! Thanks - I wish I would have realized this earlier so I didn't waste $60 bucks on a quick release.

The issue you were having though was related to there not being enough clearance for the flag bolt due to the support bar correct?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The problem I had was due to the support bar it made for a tight spot to get the nut started on the bottom of the flag. I'm sure it's possible but since we have to bolt on/remove flags for transport it was more hassle than should have been necessary.

Either that or I'm just an incompitent dumbass...which could likely be possible. :(

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I put mine in that factory hole, and it was extremely difficult to get it done.
Ever since I saw that mount location I've been wondering if the height on it is good enough for a 6' flag at Glamis. Figure you're the expert and would know. Seems like it's supposed the top of the flag has to reach 10' or something.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
IMAG0203.jpg
Ever since I saw that mount location I've been wondering if the height on it is good enough for a 6' flag at Glamis. Figure you're the expert and would know. Seems like it's supposed the top of the flag has to reach 10' or something.
I've seen a few Mav's out in the dunes with the flags mounted in the factory locations, rangers cruised right by without a second look. I have Tusk mounts on the B pilar of the roll bar with 6' quik light whips. They work for me, and would not interfear with a roof if I had one.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
It has to be 8' from the ground. So it's legal when mounted there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
A little better pics. We're actually at the dunes right now so I snapped these real quick.

One of the factory flag mounts

The bar under that interferes.

Here's the mount we put on the bumper.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Thanks for the Glamis flag info, just what I needed and I'm sure the stock mount will do fine for my annual trip (twice on a good year!).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts