Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am mounting a pair of winches (front and back). I know that there is a spot in the glove compartment for one. To me this seems to be a less than optimum place to mount one. Has any one mounted it elsewhere? If so where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
528 Posts
I had a wireless remote on my (now gone) Commander prerunner that I thought was perfect...

·
Registered
461 Posts
I am mounting a pair of winches (front and back). I know that there is a spot in the glove compartment for one. To me this seems to be a less than optimum place to mount one. Has any one mounted it elsewhere? If so where?

Are you talking about a remote or an actual switch? You could just use a rocker switch if that's what you're talking about. If you're talking about an actual remote, The 3 prong connector behind the dash is for a winch remote. You just have to utilize the factory winch prewire behind the passengers side headlight. Warn makes a wireless winch remote that looks badass. You would have to install a standalone system for the rear though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am talking about the tethered remote. I have two superwinch winches. They have a permanently installed rocker switch that I have installed in the console. There is also a wired remote that plugs into a socket you install on the machine. In the glove compartment there is a spot where you could install one. I just think that putting it in the glove box is counterproductive. If I am using the remote I want to be able to use as far away from the machine as I can get. I have thought about putting the plug under the cover over the airbox for the front winch. For the rear one I am thinking of putting it in a protected place behind the upright for the roll cage.

·
Registered
461 Posts
You should look into a wireless remote. There are a bunch of different brand out there that look pretty cool. That way you just grab the wireless remote and can go up to 50 or 100 feet away. Wiring it up to work with your system will be the tough part. You would also have to get wireless remotes and solenoids that work off of different channels, so when you hit it on your remote, your not operating both winches at the same time.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Are the superwinches mounted on a winch plate with the solenoid mounted on the same plate directly behind the winch?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Superwinch has a remote mounted solenoid. I have it mounted just in front of my air cleaner box.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just bought an Xxc Maverick. What winch do you guys endorse? Superwinch from amazon? Do I need anything else? Mounting plate? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts