7,381 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yes Mr RPM, I want a referral also. :)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
depends on what you have, if a max you need a filter relocate kit to, the standard screw on/off oil filter adapter wont work on max, need to relocate it

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
depends on what you have, if a max you need a filter relocate kit to, the standard screw on/off oil filter adapter wont work on max, need to relocate it
Thanks dog...I totally forgot about that.....

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Click the link above, I don't sell a kit, but there's a guy that does, his website is right on the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
713 Posts
If you are going to add the screw on adapter from MrRPM I suggest you go ahead and add the oil cooler while you are at it. It's very easy to do and makes a huge difference. MrRPMs screw on adapter is a made perfectly.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ordered one yesterday afternoon. Uses a Fram PH4386... just like 1/2 of the vehicles on the road! No more trips to the dealership for me! Everything I need at the local auto parts store to do a service now

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I have the cooler and filter setup from my Commander, so I'll need the filter relocator adapter. I already have a new replacement cooler.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You can use a Fram, but they are junk.
Use a Baldwin B1406, it doesn't have the relief valve that opens & lets the oil go around the filter.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Good to know. I'm no oil filter guru, and hadn't even heard of Baldwin filters. I'll have to get a few to have on hand. Thanks!

·
Registered
310 Posts
DSCN0594.jpg So Bulldogs101, thers's no way this setup won't fit the MAX without relocating the filter? I dont have mind yet to see how it fit. This one on my Commander. So does that means it's contacting the panel on the inside? Even with the commanders you would need to cut down the floor pan to clear the oil cooler lines. Or is it that the space between the engine and the panel, or is it cause of the engine position difference in the Maxx verse the Maverick? Or something else ? Thanks

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The floor pan and side panel on the Max curves in toward the engine where the filter is located.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts