Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I bought my Mavrick knowing it would'nt fit in my toyhauler. I have an 09 Stealth 1812. It has 12 feet of storage, but 6 feet of it is only 59 inches wide. No biggy. When all we had were quads, I could get 3 full size quads in it no problem. So now we have the Mavrick at 64 inches. I strapped the front suspension up and brought it in to 61 inches. Almost there, but no cigar. The only thing holding me up were the tires, so I made some wheels out of marine grade 3/4 plywood. This is a temporary solution, until I build a over-cab rack for my truck, or break down and get a bigger trailer. It's a tight fit, but it works.

Reactions: maxdun

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Haha. Very creative.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My neighbors were over, watching me. They kept telling me I wouldn't be able to get the Mavrick in the trailer..."No way". Ha...ya do what ya gotta do.:smile:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a pic of my setup. We have two sxs's.
Thats a great setup. Did you build it, or buy it? I have found a couple of places that manufacture racks, but neither one is exactly what I need, so I plan on building one of my own, unless I can find one that suits my needs for a decent price.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
great thinking.

i had to build a rack to hold my daughters quad out back. i stuff my Maverick and a Teryx4 inside, i have to take the front bumpers off the sxs's and i only have a few inches to spare.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Thats a great setup. Did you build it, or buy it? I have found a couple of places that manufacture racks, but neither one is exactly what I need, so I plan on building one of my own, unless I can find one that suits my needs for a decent price.
I built it myself. I plan to do a write up on it soon. I spent $300 on materials, not including the ramps which i already had. I put some 2x2 square tubing in the bed, and then the racks ( they're separate ) bolt to the square tubing. It takes me less than 10 minutes to remove the rack by myself. That way I'm not stuck with it on the truck all the time!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I built it myself. I plan to do a write up on it soon. I spent $300 on materials, not including the ramps which i already had. I put some 2x2 square tubing in the bed, and then the racks ( they're separate ) bolt to the square tubing. It takes me less than 10 minutes to remove the rack by myself. That way I'm not stuck with it on the truck all the time!
I'd like to get a closer look at your rack setup. Think you could post a few pics up? What you have done is very much along the lines of what I am planing. How did you secure it to the truck? I was thinking of using camper mounts with turnbuckles, or mounting heavy duty D rings in the bed/to the truck frame.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts