Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Researching second battery location before I start ordering lights, radio, whips, etc........ I have tore down the max several times already and don't see a good location for a second battery.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Plenty of room between the front seats. mine is on the drivers side. between seat and driveshaft.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
isn't under the driver seat a huge storage box like the 2 seaters ?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I think they have another CVT vent that runs thru there Benzo

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
ahhhh , no good lol
That would be under the rear drivers side seat on a max wouldn't it? On my 14 xrs 2 seater with the second cvt intake it really only runs thru the back corner of that area. I'm in the process of making a tray to fit my second battery there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There have been quite a few previous discussions on this subject. You might look into those. Also, you might consider replacing the OEM battery with higher capacity battery in the same location. Worked great for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I thought I was clear on the fact I had installed one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I installed mine in same spot they have battery on 2 seaters, put isolater in & blue sea marine fuse block under drivers seat

I used a battery tray to hold it

ImageUploadedByOff-Road Forums1397565375.062501.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
it will work nicely right on top of the main battery, just build a little plate/box to replace existing plastic piece and fit it in there, both batteries on top of each other

·
Registered
25 Posts
True that will work but if using an isolater & a fuse block IMO the best spot is where they put it in the 2 seat Maverick, also allowed easy connection for my rear winch just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

1 - 17 of 17 Posts