Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can get the correct Schrader valves for the Fox 2.5? thread size and pitch? are they high or low pressure valves? Brass or stainless steel?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Wish I knew how to use one of those. They didn't teach that in drywall school. Lol

Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good, I almost bought the needle tool, but I think schrader is the best way to go. Do I need to purge the gas to change the valve? or is it a direct swap?

Thanks, I'll send you a pm. for the valves.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Wish I knew how to use one of those. They didn't teach that in drywall school. Lol
its really easy, even a drywall goon like yourself could operate such aparatus. just pry out the plastic inside the allen set screw(hole is in the middle of set screw) at the shock cap and stick the needle in and over charge by 2-4 lbs, pull the needle out and the shock will hiss then seal itself up. all done and go ut and ride.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Fox makes a safety needle that you can buy and is a direct add on for a nitrogen kit. Same thing that I use day in and day out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same here but after revolving my shocks 4 times with no issues I am OK with the rubber plug setup.
This is what I ended up buying to check the pressure and fill the shocks. I'm going to leave mine as they are for the time being. gauge nitrogen.JPG

And as far as the schrader valves, this is the best one I could find schrader valve fox.JPG it's a 3/8- 27 rated at 200 psi sustained 300psi peak.
The only problem is that as far as the forums go, the correct size for the Fox valves is 3/8 -24.
So the only solutions are: rethread the valves to 3/8- 24 or tap the reservoir to 3/8 -27.

Of course, the best solution would be to buy the elusive Fox oem valves that nobody seems to know anything about...hahaha!

Thanks Megadesertdiesel for the tip on the needle tool.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Yup that's the way to do it. Then down the road if you install schraders all you have to buy is the Schrader adapter and thread it in where the needle is. Then you will have what Alex recommends.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts