Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, get your head out of the gutter. of course I mean ball joints. Since I will be working in that area installing a gusset kit and st bump stop delete I figured rather than wait for them to fail I would beef them up too. I hear rcv are good but has anyone used the lm brand ? Price is always a factor but as long as there is a substantial difference I don't mind paying for quality.

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
The best Keller Mega Ball joints.

But there is no known failures in ball joints unless you crash the car for other reasons. No need to replace them in my opinion.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best Keller Mega Ball joints.

But there is no known failures in ball joints unless you crash the car for other reasons. No need to replace them in my opinion.
I have seen more than a few video's where they do fail. I have only put 300 of the 900 miles on my 2017 xrs but boy do these things need maintenance compared to a dirt bike,

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Originally when I clicked I was going to say "Mega does it for free" then I read the post.

I am replacing mine but I'm sticking with stock.

I have not seen any failures, let alone enough to warrant a 125 dollar BJ.

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Originally when I clicked I was going to say "Mega does it for free" then I read the post.

I am replacing mine but I'm sticking with stock.

I have not seen any failures, let alone enough to warrant a 125 dollar BJ.

Tim
Oh, I'd pay $125 for a Ball Joint, but only if it comes with a BJ by the person of my selection :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not going to track all the videos down but Iknow sxs blog and Matt's towing has recovered a few broken ball joints. Cleetus just popped his while rolling which I have been known to do. I was looking forward to meeting the legendary duner Mega, now not so much.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I am not going to track all the videos down but Iknow sxs blog and Matt's towing has recovered a few broken ball joints. Cleetus just popped his while rolling which I have been known to do. I was looking forward to meeting the legendary duner Mega, now not so much.
Why? Because he didn’t agree with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
248 Posts
You’d love to meet him. He will tell you how dumb you are in person while wearing his unicorn beanie.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was a homophobic joke regarding free bj's. In all seriousness I really appreciate you guys with more sxs experience than I have. I look forward to trading witty barbs in person and should probably refrain online since things get misinterpreted. I have no agenda other than to learn from people more experienced than me. I am not interested in b.s. Hence my screen name bs sifter.

·
Registered
288 Posts

That’s the only ball joint busting I’ve ever seen - sheered a Keller ball joint off about 800 miles into a ride.

Probably a defective joint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry about that. I misspoke. I need to edit my profile to change that.
I was surprised to see storr dnf when they broke an upper uniball in their live feed yesterday. If you disagree with my feeling the need to upgrade ball joints I will continue to post video's proving my point.

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
I was surprised to see storr dnf when they broke an upper uniball in their live feed yesterday. If you disagree with my feeling the need to upgrade ball joints I will continue to post video's proving my point.
While I suspect you can find someone who broke a stock BJ..
This is not something that fails regularly.

If you want 125.00 dollar ball joints buy them.

If the issue was so prolific you would have a numerous videos this far into this thread.

Point is if you feel you need them, buy them, you dont need to prove to use you need them. Tim

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
all the videos you are referencing broke BJ's during another part failure which twists and destroys everything. I have still not heard any BJ's failing from a bump in the road or just breaking from landing a jump.

As Timberly said buy them or not, you choice your money.

a little inside info, I bought into the Keller hype early and run them on my car. But all the terrain I have been on with others going through same stuff I have not seen a failure of either. As a matter of fact I have more maintenance keeping the Keller BJ tight.

·
Premium Member
7,442 Posts
Stock is more than adequate. If you wreck and it breaks, then more than likely and of the brands would have too. If you're wanting to create more work, there are other areas that need work.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts