Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a max with soft top and wondering were to mount a amp?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like in the glove box?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Take the glove box out and put it on top of the glove box the limited commanders comes with the amp mounted there works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
The best place, in my opinion, is under the rear passenger seat, tucked under the seat. I made a UHMW mounting plate, mounted my 700 watt 5 channel JL marine amp on it, and then tucked it up under the seat and mounted it with about 7 zip ties to small holes I drilled into the lower seat frame apron. Fits perfect, is shielded from spray and is the closest location possible to the battery. Over 600 trail miles through mud, water and dust with no issues. It's also in an easy location to tweak levels and make adjustments.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Behind the switch panel works well too. Also, beside the glovebox - if it's too big to fit on top of the glovebox, or inside.

·
Registered
25 Posts
underside of my roof highest and driest ha ha

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had my rockford fosgate m400 in the glove box. It died first time I hit a water hole. Really depends on what you plan on doing. If you're gonna be in mud and water.... I'd mount it as high as possible and build it into a sealed container.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I mount my amp in my megacab. I stream my tunes through my helmet so I'm the only one that can hear it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts