Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think of wheel spacers? Anyone use them I would love to get some feedback good or bad.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed some of the people racing mavs use them. Im guessing for better stabilty in corners. My dealer tried to get me to put them on while my 10 hour service was being done today. So I just thought id ask my good ol forum to see peoples reviews of spacers.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
wider is always better, u can get a different offset wheel like a 4-4 in rear and a 4-3 in front , or spacers,

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
no , I keep going back n forth on spacers or new wheels

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha I have a friend that has an xp that says they are garbage but I am a little curious I guess. The mav does seem to sway a bit more then my friends xp I wonder if they would make it feel more planted? Or just put more uneeded stress on other parts?

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I'm not a huge wheel spacer fan. It will increase the scrub radius and it won't turn as tight as it would without spacers but it all depends on what kind of riding you're doing and where you are.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I think wheel spacers may expose your brake disks and calipers to damage by moving them outside the protection of the wheel. If you ride rocky terrain that's something you need to take into account.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What does everyone think of wheel spacers? Anyone use them I would love to get some feedback good or bad.
I have the 2" spacers on my Maverick. They certainly made it more stable in the dunes. I had my suspension set up good but now with the spacer's I need to stiffen it back up. The extra width made it noticeably softer. With 2" spacers it is the same width as my Teryx which has +5 LT.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Max I dont do a any rock crawling just trail riding and soon to be moving to vegas next month do will be almost all desert riding. Is that yur only worry is rocky terrain?

·
Vendor
146 Posts
We've sold 100's for the Commander and never had a complaint, the extra stability is a big plus. Sold a bunch for for the Maverick too, great bang for your buck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Factory utv are those pics of two inch or one inch? I was wondering if there is really a difference in the two? What do you guys sell the most of? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya what size is good , 1'' - 1.5'' - 2.0''

and how much for a set of 4

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Max I dont do a any rock crawling just trail riding and soon to be moving to vegas next month do will be almost all desert riding. Is that yur only worry is rocky terrain?
Never actually used them myself but there's no denying that spacers will move vulnerable brake components to where they are more exposed to damage. Of course the degree of that depends on the thickness of the spacer. Even trail riding kicks stuff up that can get into the parts. But you may never have a problem. Most people don't have trouble but it does increase the risk. The only other issue I've heard of from others is the added stress the spacers put on the wheel bearings. By moving the wheel further from the bearing you apply more force due to the increased in leverage. Again, most people have no problems but there are some who have had failures that they will attribute to the spacers. Different offset wheels are no different. I don't really have anything against spacers but I don't think I'd use them for desert/trail riding myself. Running the dunes would be a different story where the benefit of the extra width would make it all worth it to me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was thinking same thing nice to level it out since its so tall. Hoover what conditions did u use xp in, and were u aggressive? Also u go 1 1.5 or 2 inch spacers on xp?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts