Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
244 Posts
Wow definitely good to hear this side of running 35’s (not just pros, but cons too)

Does your buddy do any drag racing or hard acceleration?

Also about how long do his belts last normally ya think?
No drag racing but he’s probably on the throttle a lot. We both come from moto X background and drive fairly aggressive. I couldn’t say how long his belts were lasting on 32’s but I wasn’t aware of any blowing on the trail and he never had mentioned any issues before the 35’s.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How do you like the Regulators? My Nitto's have performed great, no issues in 2,500 miles but I may go Regulators next time to try something different. The one potential negative I see with the Nitto's, is they're pretty flat across the tread and have a pretty square shoulder, as opposed to being more of a crowned tire. I'm not sure how much this affects the drive as I haven't compared to anything except stock Bighorns. It would be interesting to drive the two back to back. I can't remember exactly where I read/heard it (maybe Shock Therapy), but steering on these cars is benefited by crowned tires.

Like I said though, the Nitto's have never had any punctures or other issues and tread wear seems decent so far (for a SXS tire).
I only have 100 miles on them but so far so good! 1 trip to ocotillo at about 17 psi felt really good. Lots of bite on corners and plenty of stability at speed. Going out next weekend for some more miles.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
244 Posts
I only have 100 miles on them but so far so good! 1 trip to ocotillo at about 17 psi felt really good. Lots of bite on corners and plenty of stability at speed. Going out next weekend for some more miles.
Sweet, thanks for the feedback. Please keep us posted as you put miles on them.

·
Registered
13 Posts

STI HD A1 beadlocks. Nothing too fancy. I really wanted Fuel wheels, but it was another $500 to the total and these are probably gonna get beat up anyway.

·
Premium Member
2018 Maverick x3 Turbo R 64"
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

STI HD A1 beadlocks. Nothing too fancy. I really wanted Fuel wheels, but it was another $500 to the total and these are probably gonna get beat up anyway.
Hell yeah man those look good. I'm of the same mindset. I've been looking at so many wheels that are so expensive. I want to upgrade to 30's, but still wanna stay lightweight compared to the other sets of wheels/tires Ive been researching. I'm liking the looks of the Fuel Gripper r/t and the ITP Hurricane in bronze. One of the lighter combos I've found.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hell yeah man those look good. I'm of the same mindset. I've been looking at so many wheels that are so expensive. I want to upgrade to 30's, but still wanna stay lightweight compared to the other sets of wheels/tires Ive been researching. I'm liking the looks of the Fuel Gripper r/t and the ITP Hurricane in bronze. One of the lighter combos I've found.
I didn’t weigh them, but to me they only felt about 10-15# heavier over stock. I was really eyeing up the XTR370 tires, but according to their website it’s 55# a tire. ITPs are supposedly 35#. I may be off a bit on those, but oh well. They’re made in America and I think they’re absolutely going to destroy whatever terrain I encounter.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I didn’t weigh them, but to me they only felt about 10-15# heavier over stock. I was really eyeing up the XTR370 tires, but according to their website it’s 55# a tire. ITPs are supposedly 35#. I may be off a bit on those, but oh well. They’re made in America and I think they’re absolutely going to destroy whatever terrain I encounter.
Nice. The fuel gripper is a bit more or less than 35 pounds, depending on whether it's a 30x14 or 30x15. The wheel weighs 14 pounds in a 14", or 16 pounds for a 15" I think. I'll have to check but I think that's pretty close. In the 51 pound range for the total combo. Most everything else I've seen is around 60 lbs. At that weight I've looked at light truck tires that will work and last forever LOL

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
The 370 tire in a 33” only weighs 54#. So a 30” would be lighter of course . Lt truck tires are a good option . Heavy yes but doubt you’ll ever puncture one. Just remember the bigger the wheel the better chance you’ll have if damage to it that can leave you stranded. There’s a reason off road machines usually only use are a 15” wheel .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
The 370 tire in a 33” only weighs 54#. So a 30” would be lighter of course . Lt truck tires are a good option . Heavy yes but doubt you’ll ever puncture one. Just remember the bigger the wheel the better chance you’ll have if damage to it that can leave you stranded. There’s a reason off road machines usually only use are a 15” wheel .

Yep no bigger than a 15 inch wheel for me. Might even take off the mud scraper and go with a 14 to save a few pounds.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
If I was staying 14” I would keep the stockers. What’s the point

61 - 80 of 90 Posts