Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
244 Posts
View attachment 261884 method wheels with 32" Tensor Regulator tires
How do you like the Regulators? My Nitto's have performed great, no issues in 2,500 miles but I may go Regulators next time to try something different. The one potential negative I see with the Nitto's, is they're pretty flat across the tread and have a pretty square shoulder, as opposed to being more of a crowned tire. I'm not sure how much this affects the drive as I haven't compared to anything except stock Bighorns. It would be interesting to drive the two back to back. I can't remember exactly where I read/heard it (maybe Shock Therapy), but steering on these cars is benefited by crowned tires.

Like I said though, the Nitto's have never had any punctures or other issues and tread wear seems decent so far (for a SXS tire).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Damn - I was thinking about 32’s next, but some of you with 35’s are really making me consider buying a set of 35’s too... 32’s for the fast stuff and 35’s for in the trails!

How are the 35’s on the X3? How bad are they with stock clutching? Would be nice to have the additional gearing in high range...

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Damn - I was thinking about 32’s next, but some of you with 35’s are really making me consider buying a set of 35’s too... 32’s for the fast stuff and 35’s for in the trails!

How are the 35’s on the X3? How bad are they with stock clutching? Would be nice to have the additional gearing in high range...
You have 72”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have KWI x250 clutching and helix. AA level 5 110 octane tune AA full exhaust charge tubes and blow off valve with a catch can. I did pull a thin magnet from the tip just to get rpm back. I went from 32 M1 evil 58 lbs on stock RC wheels to 78 lb for 35 xt warrior on DWT Baja HD. I would think stock clutching with stock tune would work fine. When you tune over pump gas clutching is necessary IMO. I already had the ability to adjust clutching so I did.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have KWI x250 clutching and helix. AA level 5 110 octane tune AA full exhaust charge tubes and blow off valve with a catch can. I did pull a thin magnet from the tip just to get rpm back. I went from 32 M1 evil 58 lbs on stock RC wheels to 78 lb for 35 xt warrior on DWT Baja HD. I would think stock clutching with stock tune would work fine. When you tune over pump gas clutching is necessary IMO. I already had the ability to adjust clutching so I did.
Thanks for chiming in - so I take it that you think its worth it? Why did you go from a 32 to a 35? When do you find that it shines the best, and when do you find that its a PITA?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Made the biggest difference in rocks, roots, small ruts and watercrossings. 35s roll right over those small obstacles. Ground clearance obviously. So far I’m not regretting it. 35s cost about 200.00 more for the set.
The weight does concern me a little. Also the taller side wall of the tire rolls a little more when cornering hard.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Love having my 35’s on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hmmm sounds like this might be a good thing to try!

Do either of you feel like it’s any slower in straightline acceleration than before? Is it still as easy to drift it around in dirt/gravel?

·
Registered
23 Posts
My current tune and clutching I can’t notice any decrease in straight line speed. Still has good wheel speed for hill climbing, and will break the back tires loose at will. I ride mostly trails and technical woods. 90mph and wheelies isn’t my thing, looks cool though. Guess it’s a geographical. Set your machine up for where and how you ride.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
244 Posts
My buddy was running 35’s (Tensor DS) with stock clutching and blew two belts within a few rides. It didn’t seem worth it to me after we had to change his belt on the trail. We were riding flowy sand/dirt trails out by Coral Pink in Utah.
I’de be stoked to run 35’s but from my experience, it seems like you have to do the clutching when you go that route.

Do any of you that run 35’s run with stock clutching?

·
Registered
21 Posts
My buddy was running 35’s (Tensor DS) with stock clutching and blew two belts within a few rides. It didn’t seem worth it to me after we had to change his belt on the trail. We were riding flowy sand/dirt trails out by Coral Pink in Utah.
I’de be stoked to run 35’s but from my experience, it seems like you have to do the clutching when you go that route.

Do any of you that run 35’s run with stock clutching?
Wow definitely good to hear this side of running 35’s (not just pros, but cons too)

Does your buddy do any drag racing or hard acceleration?

Also about how long do his belts last normally ya think?

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
I run 35’s but I had Airdam clutching before I went to them. My mom is currently running 35’s on stock clutching. No problems.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Although mine are the system 3 xtr 370 and only a 33” they are still heavy. I think tire only is 54# a tire. They measure almost 34” at 10psi. I have stock clutch with only 2k miles and never been touched. I notice a small amount of difference power wise on take off only but once clutch is engaged I can’t tell from my other lighter tires. 32” carnivores

·
Registered
21 Posts
I run 35’s but I had Airdam clutching before I went to them. My mom is currently running 35’s on stock clutching. No problems.

Thanks for the input! On the fast stuff, how do you like the 35's? Does it feel basically the same as when you had 32's (steering speed and car rotation speed at turn in and exit etc?)

Thinking about getting some 32's on 15's for all of the open fast desert stuff, and then just throwing 35's on my stock 14's for winter in the mud and places with minimal rocks... Damn these things are expensive! lol way too much fun! lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Although mine are the system 3 xtr 370 and only a 33” they are still heavy. I think tire only is 54# a tire. They measure almost 34” at 10psi. I have stock clutch with only 2k miles and never been touched. I notice a small amount of difference power wise on take off only but once clutch is engaged I can’t tell from my other lighter tires. 32” carnivores

This sounds almost like the perfect happy medium! just do a set of those on some 15's and call it a day maybe? I take it this is your favorite setup then? (compared to your 32's?) I never wack the throttle out of the hole unless its in snow or lose gravel when I know its just going to snap the wheels loose - no sense in being that hard on the belt. I have a race car for that stuff. lol

Do you notice much of a difference in steering and how the car handles in the fast twisty stuff?

What wheels are you running?

I wish someone would do a comparison of 32's, 33's, an 35's and do a legit test...

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
I did this same thing for a while with a set of 32’s. Now my desert set and my rock set are both 35’s. I just like the 35’s so much better. Going over bumps and small ditches etc.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts