Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Just curious how many miles people are getting out of their wheel bearings. I have the 17 XRS with only 300 miles so far and they are fine but after owning a couple RZR's it was common to only get 400-500 miles our of a set at best- regardless of the brand of bearing... I tried them all. At 5000 miles on my XP900 the wheel hubs and spindles were worn so bad that the wheels wobbled with new bearings. I live on the east and do mostly hill climbing and try to avoid water as much as possible. Seemed pretty excessive to me. Hoping I'll have better luck with the Can Am.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Hopefully the same tech that greased my ride didn't grease the bearings.....pretty sure they had the day off when my xds went through the line!
Guys,
Just curious how many miles people are getting out of their wheel bearings. I have the 17 XRS with only 300 miles so far and they are fine but after owning a couple RZR's it was common to only get 400-500 miles our of a set at best- regardless of the brand of bearing... I tried them all. At 5000 miles on my XP900 the wheel hubs and spindles were worn so bad that the wheels wobbled with new bearings. I live on the east and do mostly hill climbing and try to avoid water as much as possible. Seemed pretty excessive to me. Hoping I'll have better luck with the Can Am.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ive got 2700 right now on 3 of the stock bearings. replaced one for just a little slack in it before a big trip but looking back it would probably made it the same as the others.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2700 sounds pretty good, even the 900 isn't all that bad.

Ive got 2700 right now on 3 of the stock bearings. replaced one for just a little slack in it before a big trip but looking back it would probably made it the same as the others.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Auto part stores sell tapered bearings - X3 uses the the same bearings as a Saturn and they MAY last longer than OEM ones.

Still, in x-country driving, I DID get 8,000 miles out of my right rear bearing; and about 9,000 out the left, which I wasn’t too happy about, but my happiness doesn’t seem to matter much to the bearings.

When they went, they took my axles, a spindle, and the hubs with em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does anyone know what the factory grease is that they use in the wheel bearings?
Please do not answer, if you do not “KNOW FOR SURE.”
I’ve been struggling to get this info. Started getting close, but no cigar.
Even their tech support from Can Am gave me incorrect info.
Greases have to match or be of the same base chemical, otherwise they cause hardening or liquefying and make matters worse.
Otherwise you need to clean them out and repack fresh with a new grease and keep it that way.
Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts