Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching threads extensively, I was unable to determine how to fix the low ground clearance issue in the trails and rocks. I would constantly scrape and high center. I needed bigger tires and more clearance. I had my suspension lifted at a local dealer by simply adjusting the shock rings. They were able to get me about 4-5” of addl clearance. Big help. Now my buggy felt too top heavy and tippy in the corners. So I knew that putting larger tires on would exacerbate that issue so I needed a wider footprint. So I went with 15x7 (4+3) offset wheels which gave me a 4” wider stance. I bought 32” carnivores and VOILA! This machine is now a BEAST!!! My confidence in climbing, cornering and clearing stumps etc has SKYROCKETED! And I got the entire wheel/tire set off eBay new mounted and delivered for $1631.00
It took a lot of research and Hail Marys to get here so I figured I’d share my findings. Especially since I saw posts saying “don’t go with 4+3” and go with the biggest tires you can afford. This wasn’t my experience. My 32” tires rub even after the 4” lift adjustment but honestly I wouldn’t go smaller than 32” cuz they only rub at full stop WHILE HITTING BUMPS…32’s are definitely the max I’d go and definitely the smallest I’d go and again, this is all just my opinion but I wish I could have found a thread when I was looking that would have pointed all this out to me in one spot and the “why” behind their advice. I’ll include before and after pics and a pic of the wheel/tire pkg I got at $1600
The machine is now perfect. It rides better than ever, clears almost anything, is stable and looks mean at 68” wide. Caution. Now I need extended mud flaps cuz it throws mud everywhere. Another $200 unforseen expense lol.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Plant

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m new to SXS…but we’ve rode Hatfield McCoy in WV and Carolina Adventure World in SC. ALSO TN trail. So…trail riding / mud/ mountain trails/ rocks and road.
I did see they sell forward control arms and that would be an option for bigger tires. Otherwise I wouldn’t go any bigger than a 32 inch like I said. It seems like modding these things is just like modding anything else, when you modify one thing it creates an issue somewhere else and then you are chasing that issue that’s part of the fun of Modding but it’s also expensive and a pain in the ass so it’s like how far to go lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PS, I would not get the exact same set of wheels to do it over again, because there are small pockets under the front ring that collects mud and it’s nearly impossible to get the wheels clean even with a pressure washer, I love the wheels, but I would go with a slightly different model, the brand and quality seems awesome though, so if you’re not as anal about keeping it clean then you’ll probably love that set. The last pic is after one ride and I tried to get those wheels clean with a pressure washer and you can see the result. And yes, I already know that my personality of OCD is indirect conflict with mudding but it’s still so much fun lol.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive design
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

1 - 12 of 12 Posts