Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any thoughts on the suspension travel?

·
Registered
690 Posts
I know the owner of an atv tour rental , they own about 50 Outlanders, But they have a RZR4 instead of Commander. i asked why and the reason was mostly because of the suspension. :confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looking at the picture it seems significantly longer than the commander. I am really starting to wonder if they are going to have two widths and suspension packages like the RZR and RZR S.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My bet is a Fox suspension, given BRP's relationship with Fox (i.e. Rene's, XT-P and Limited). I think the logic will be comparable to the Commander X in concept, but in a much lighter machine and hopefully a special shock made especially for the Maverick with longer travel. I also expect the geometry to be very different than the commander, in terms of angles etc and by the picture it has an almost dune buggy look, not unlike the RZR and Wildcat. All the better for jumping! lol

Can't wait to know for sure!

·
Registered
27 Posts
It seems like the best of both worlds: Clearance of an A-Arm setup, but better handling of trailing arms.

A lot of us around have talked around the campfire that for our kind of riding (Tennessee / Kentucky) trail riding / rock crawling a great platform would be a S with a XP motor. It seems that is what the Maverick is and then some by taking a better suspension than a S and more power than a XP.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think everyone who has not seen the unit yet will be impressed with the suspension. Will some need more yes (always) however
for stock it pretty good suspension

1 - 14 of 14 Posts