Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any engineer can explain to this dumb mechanic how this can be better than a single exhaust from the top? Whats the purpose of that chamber at the right?
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Metal Composite material

·
Registered
515 Posts
WTF we lookin at?
Thats a CVT exhaust on an XMR. The one between the seats. The chamber on the right is actually the top.

any engineer can explain to this dumb mechanic how this can be better than a single exhaust from the top? Whats the purpose of that chamber at the right? View attachment 274618
I’ve often wondered this myself. Being it’s like 6” lower that the snorkels, my best guess is it’s a fail safe of sorts but IDK.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Snorkel type of thing, keeps water from dumping into the clutches, and keeps the clutch exhaust flowing if in some deep mud, that makes more sense than anything else…..

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I guess a follow up to the original question, I don’t see any reason why the clutch exhaust couldn’t be routed up higher to a single port either, but id guess the OEM version has a bunch of engineering behind it though…

·
Registered
2021 xds turbo rr
86 Posts
Its one of the basics of plumbing. Its a p trap essentially. As others have said it is a fail safe to prevent damage should you happen to dunk one of your snorkels

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its one of the basics of plumbing. Its a p trap essentially. As others have said it is a fail safe to prevent damage should you happen to dunk one of your snorkels
At first i thought was like a p trap, but is open in the top where it makes the curve,so it defeats the p trap purpose.🤷🏻‍♂️

1 - 9 of 9 Posts