Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How costly, and difficult is installing the DPS system ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, i guess im going to buy a maverick XRS , even though Can Am is SCREWING us on PS & QE .:disappointed:

The QE is easy, just money i guess,:money:

But wana know how complicated the factory DPS power steering is to install ??

I have wicked built on my commander now, and have heard several say they like it better , so I already know that.

The wicked built doesnt help much at all when sitting still, in a bind on a hill or tight place, :serious:

The DPS is supose to be more assisted at slow speeds, which is exactly what i want . :big smile:

Has anybody checked this out throughly ??

Any dealers or Can Am service tech's on here that can shine some Accurate information on this, please.
:wink:__________________

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey, just found out , Wicked Built has a new 30% stronger version, with totally sealed control modual and slip yoke shaft to solve all the problems i mentioned earlier.

SWEEEET, life just got simple again .

Maverick XRS + New style Wicked Built PS + QE . and WALLA the Machine we Wanted from Can Am in the first place.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey, just found out , Wicked Built has a new 30% stronger version, with totally sealed control modual and slip yoke shaft to solve all the problems i mentioned earlier.

Maverick XRS + New style Wicked Built PS + QE . and WALLA the Machine we Wanted from Can Am in the first place.

This is what ive been thinking all along and will be enjoying my Maverick XRS rather than complaining and not riding. Im gonna drive it first though and see how it is but if these are must haves I will just add/change out.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Same here, I've never dealt with visco lock as this will be my first canam so ill give it shot. 101 hp should get you over most rocks lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here, I've never dealt with visco lock as this will be my first canam so ill give it shot. 101 hp should get you over most rocks lol
trust us, you will want the QE, before some little RZR or Rhino make you look PITTIFUL while trying to climb some , loose terrain hill with no approch run.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Exactly, the Visco-lock straight sucks in the rocks. Damn near rolled the Commander this weekend down a 60'+ cliff because I would have one of the front wheels off the ground trying to climb the off camber rocks then finally the front wheel that had traction would engage then immediately pull me to the cliff side. Very dangerous, plus frustrating because my RZR buddies climbed right up with little problems.

When I get the Maverick it will get PS & a QE for sure just like the OLDGUY.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts

Good Find, OLDGUY. The Maverick is looking better and better all the time ................
Hmmmmmmmmmm Jus Sayin, not that I'm interested or anything :haha: :big smile:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DANGIT XTCntn. I just lost my new PS and QE in vegas ;-((((( They said the Blackjack, Craps and roulett tables were Great investments in early retairment .

Most The Dealers were Hot Young girls, so my mind was CLOUDED !!! HA HA

·
Registered
102 Posts
DANGIT XTCntn. I just lost my new PS and QE in vegas ;-((((( They said the Blackjack, Craps and roulett tables were Great investments in early retairment .

Most The Dealers were Hot Young girls, so my mind was CLOUDED !!! HA HA

You know, it's funny how those Hot Young girls are ALL money magnets. You've got a dollar or 50 in your hand 1 minute, cop an extra look see and after the next little sip of the ole' XXX, it disappears like magic. Don’t ask me how I know this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts