Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of doing the Airdam clutching, what's my next step? Do you send it to Adam? Is there any tuning involved after install? Sorry stupid question..

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Not stupid at all. The AIRDAM primary clutch is a completely new CVTech unit. Adam will set it for you based on what info you give him about where/how you ride. You bolt on the new CVTech primary that Adam machines to fit the Can Am, and go. Some of the other guys that have more experience can tell you about tuning.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Adam would like you to send him your secondary for some additional machining, but it's up to you. Andy and I opted to skip that step and just buy the primary.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure how much this will cost but do you guys think it's worth it? Never had problems with any of my quads but that's a different story. Just fill like when is going to happen. Hell, I was checking bolts yesterday and all of my beadlocks ones were lose. Had to snug those up.

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Not sure how much this will cost but do you guys think it's worth it? Never had problems with any of my quads but that's a different story. Just fill like when is going to happen. Hell, I was checking bolts yesterday and all of my beadlocks ones were lose. Had to snug those up.
dont fool yourself, you will eventually need it. I keep telling myself that now it wont happen to me, but i drive my Mav hard and i am sure it will leave me stranded AGAIN someday. And if i upgrade clutches i will most likely never have a problem.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what's the easiest way to get a hold of Adam, a pm?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That hard to get a hold of Huh? I'll look for a number for him..

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glamis, forgot to ask, what would be the difference not sending him the secondary?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Well my AIRDAM clutch shipped today. Having him send it overnight, so it should be here when I get home from work tommorow. My wallet is about a grand lighter...but for me, having peace of mind not worrying about the damn clutch spontaniously disassembling is worth it...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried calling him 2 times and sent a pm. I'll keep trying and wait for a response..

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you can hold off a couple of weeks we are doing some QSC testing and STM secondary testing on a new helix. Should be pretty interesting to say the least. Give everyone more options as well.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I tried calling him 2 times and sent a pm. I'll keep trying and wait for a response..
Your going to have a hard time getting a hold of Adam at AIRDAM the rest of this week. He's slammed trying to get things ready for the Mud Nats. I wouldn't give up, just keep trying.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts