Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Heres my honest opinion based on my riding experience on all 3 of these machines. Maverick will take a yfz450 in a straight line run. Raptor 700r will walk from a maverick on hard pack on a straight line drag if you can keep the front end down and keep the tires hooked up. Raptor 700r will beat a yfz450 in a straight line drag. But the yfz will spank spank spank a raptor in the turns. I think a maverick with a knowledgeable driver will roast a raptor in the turns, and once again with the right driver could probably run pretty close with a yfz in the turns. 3 completely different animals though. Those race quads have absolutely no weight to them what so ever.

·
Registered
266 Posts
last weekend I raced a couple of cannodale 450 quads and hung with them racing up a small dune.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'll throw a Kumquat into the fruit analogy ( I mean really how many time do you get to use kumquat in a conversation). My ltx 450r could run 4.9 all day long at 300ft the sand drags. I have not seen a Mav at the sand drags I am not convinced a Mav would be that quick, On flat ground in high gear I could run 89mph on the GPS. I don't think the YFZ is that much slower than the Suzuki. I think the answer is who ever gets to high gear first wins :big smile: ....

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'll throw a Kumquat into the fruit analogy ( I mean really how many time do you get to use kumquat in a conversation). My ltx 450r could run 4.9 all day long at 300ft the sand drags. I have not seen a Mav at the sand drags I am not convinced a Mav would be that quick, On flat ground in high gear I could run 89mph on the GPS. I don't think the YFZ is that much slower than the Suzuki. I think the answer is who ever gets to high gear first wins :big smile: ....
Have you seen a Maverick at all yet ??? I drag raced a YFZ and a 700r, I was on the 700r and I spanked the yfz several times over. These were 2 bone stock machines both on blacktop roads, both new machines as well. I know what both of them will do, I also know what my maverick will do and Im gonna tell ya, it'll surprise you.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If a maverick is hittin on 8k rpms as soon as you stomp it and stays there throughout the entire acceleration curve, its gonna hook up HARD. Im sure you can run through gears on a yfz as fast as I can but it still doesnt change the fact that a properly tuned maverick running at full potential will in fact get to its higher gear faster in my opinion. Not to mention a mav has 4wd ..... But, I guess we can argue this all day long and honestly theres only one way to tell. RACE EM !!! My brother still has his 700r, soon as I get my maverick back from collision repair, I'll find out and let ya'll know :wink:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Yeah...ok kumquat, lol. Guess we could just make this into a fruit basket. I rode my banana, I meen KFX 450, and my bro-in-law drove the Maverick. We raced up Olds just for shits n giggles. We were dead even for the 1st 1/4 of the hill, then the Kawie just walked, er I should say RAN away from the Mav the other 3/4 of the hill. I can spank the Raptor, and the YFZ 450's up the hill, and most LTX 450's will usually get me by a length or two (stock for stock). I think the answer is........not the Mav. I'm curious though how my Mav will stack up against my KFX 700 (bone stock). Bet that might be close

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yeah...ok kumquat, lol. Guess we could just make this into a fruit basket. I rode my banana, I meen KFX 450, and my bro-in-law drove the Maverick. We raced up Olds just for shits n giggles. We were dead even for the 1st 1/4 of the hill, then the Kawie just walked, er I should say RAN away from the Mav the other 3/4 of the hill. I can spank the Raptor, and the YFZ 450's up the hill, and most LTX 450's will usually get me by a length or two (stock for stock). I think the answer is........not the Mav. I'm curious though how my Mav will stack up against my KFX 700 (bone stock). Bet that might be close
ANDY, see what it does with your new clutch. I never drove mine with the stock clutch in it so I honestly dont know what it performed like before I put my CVtech.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
We'll find out tommorow. But I'm not taking the 450 this weekend, I'm taking the 700. Gotta remember too, I'm running Big horns on the Mav in the sand, and the 700 has 9 paddle extemes. Still like comparing a fruit basket...LOL

Reactions: BayouBogger

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don't know bout the 450 or 700 but on a straight line on pavement, my maverick got beat by an 850xp. It sucked.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Have you seen a Maverick at all yet ??? I drag raced a YFZ and a 700r, I was on the 700r and I spanked the yfz several times over. These were 2 bone stock machines both on blacktop roads, both new machines as well. I know what both of them will do, I also know what my maverick will do and Im gonna tell ya, it'll surprise you.
Dude chill out. Yes I have driven a Maverick on a short course several times. I am not arguing that the Mav is slow I was making an analogy based on the facts that I know. I can cover 300 feet in the sand in less than 5 seconds and I can go 90mph. If their is a Maverick owner out here who sand drags he can post his times and the OP can take whatever solace that information brings.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Dude chill out. Yes I have driven a Maverick on a short course several times. I am not arguing that the Mav is slow I was making an analogy based on the facts that I know. I can cover 300 feet in the sand in less than 5 seconds and I can go 90mph. If their is a Maverick owner out here who sand drags he can post his times and the OP can take whatever solace that information brings.
Dude im chilled ....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
We'll find out tommorow. But I'm not taking the 450 this weekend, I'm taking the 700. Gotta remember too, I'm running Big horns on the Mav in the sand, and the 700 has 9 paddle extemes. Still like comparing a fruit basket...LOL
the maverick will launch on the quad but the quad will catch up ,

my mav with skats beat a stock maverick by 3-4 lengths to 70 with paddles so if your close u know u will be ahead with paddles,

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I dunno bout the launch...that 700 is a torque monster. In stock form it doesn't have alot of top end, but damn that thing is quick getting off the line...if you can keep the front end down...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I dunno bout the launch...that 700 is a torque monster. In stock form it doesn't have alot of top end, but damn that thing is quick getting off the line...if you can keep the front end down...
thats what i was going by the quad reving to much and popping wheelies and cant keep control while the mav roosts and boosts, lol

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I watched video of the outlander 1000 beat the raptor 700. I can say from experience cause I had an outy 1000 and it was prolly the fastest quad I've bin on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts